We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Orlando..

Kalispell, Montana
6 posts
Save Topic
Solo Orlando..

I am flying into Raleigh NC and driving down to Orlando. My work is sending me to visit the parks but I am dying to see the coast so I am driving down! I haven't ever done solo travel but I thought if I got some info on what people thought about traveling alone to orlando it might ease my fears a little bit! like how to do disney alone? what I should see? I've been to Orlando before but never alone...

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Level Contributor
69 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Orlando..

You will be fine. I travel to orlando a lot for business. Just ensure your hotel reservations are at a good place. Anything in Orlando that can be done I orlando with a group is just as fun solo :)

If driving to see the coast you must make a stop off in Georgia near Jekyll island to visit driftwood beach.

Truly beautiful.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Orlando..

The drive from Raleigh to Orlando is so easy...95 almost the entire way, until you get through Jacksonville. If you are interested, I can forward you something with good rest stops, and other exits with good food and gas options. I made the drive up and down 95 between Raleigh and Jacksonville about 20 times last year, and my family and I have made the drive from Raleigh to Orlando about 8 times. Super easy. If you limit your stops to two and gas up on one of them, as a solo driver, you could make it in about 9 hours. I made it to jacksonville In just over five hours solo once. I wont mention my driving speed however. 6-6.5 is more likely. Let me know if you want those exits.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Orlando..

I am also going solo to Orlando next month, and I was worried at first but now I'm just really excited. I just keep in mind that I'll be able to do whatever I want whenever I want it :)

We should be fine!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
742 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Orlando..

I have no advice for visiting the parks solo, I just wanted to say....Your job is sending you to visit the parks????? Can we swap lives?????!!!!

:D

Fishkill, New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Orlando..

This site might help calm your fears. I've found some cities are easier than others to do solo and Disney can be intimidating. I've had a couple of days to myself to wander the parks, I enjoy photography so I'd bring my camera and have fun. Animal Kingdom I thought was great for going solo, Epcot as well. Good luck & enjoy!

solofriendly.com/category/…

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Orlando..

I've been making solo trips, mostly to Disney, since our youngest began college. (DH isn't much of a theme park guy.) I felt really awkward at first but then a friend got me to look around. There are lots of solo travelers in the parks!

My best tips:

-The Single Rider lines at Test Track (Epcot) and Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom) are great. You're probably better off getting a FastPass for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios. I like all of the Single Rider options at the Universal parks, especially for Forbidden Journey at Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Islands of Adventure.

-Bring something to read while you eat. It just feels less lonely.

-I don't bother with lining up for shows early. There's almost always room for one :-)

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Orlando..

Alone and what you should visit, is the same as you would in a group. Have done this when working in the US and needed to fill my weekends. Equally done Disney when in Tokyo for 4 months.

No one looks at you or wonders why you are there alone, just enjoy the magic, use single rider options where you can and get a photo pass so you get someone to take your pictures for you. Meals are always the time I feel it most but have to say just pushed past that in the parks and booked where I wanted to eat. Your money is just the same as the party of 12.

As with all solo travel book good standard hotels and nothing to worry about. As for the rest enjoy it especially if the job is taking you there

Kalispell, Montana
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Orlando..

Thank you all for your input! I am a travel agent so thats why I am getting sent there! I am definitly starting to like this idea more and more:)

I am definitly going to add driftwood beach to my agenda! thank you!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo Orlando..

Another excellent site is www.disboards.com - adult and solo forum. You will be fine. My Dr. went solo because his family was tired of going. He had a great time.

10. Re: Solo Orlando..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:18