We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Can anyone help? Still a long way away (next october!) but we are hoping to visit Clearwater beach for a day from Orlando, see a buc's game in the evening, stop overnight in Tampa and do Busch garden the next day before heading back to the villa in Kissimmee. Any suggestions on the best place to stay overnight and advice and tips on parking etc etc at the game would be great. Never been to a sporting event before. We will have a hired car, and 2 kids - 16 & 13.

Navan, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Been done that only just buncanners game against saints few weeks ago and it my first time too anyway we stayed in ramanda hotel near tampa airport and there are loads of car parking and they charge 20 dollars for it but if you want cheaper parking then extra mins walk from stadium cost 5 or 10 dollars I think it 10 dollars so it up to you and hey bring ponch just in case cos we got soaking wet in buc vs saint game and was delayed for hour but it was great craic

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,355 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

The Bucs have a nice stadium. Be careful where you pic your seats. They have a Pirate Ship on one end of the stadium and they blast the cannons thruout the game. It can be pretty noisy if you sit in that area. Also try to think about time of day as you could either be in a lot of sun or a lot of shade. Go online and look at the seating chart. You might be able to buy tickets that include a parking pass so you don't have to fight for space. I would still get there early for Pregame festivities. Some games give free stuff for wearing bucs hats or shirts.Dont forget the sunscreen! I think seeing the game in person is so much better than watching it on TV.

There are hotels near Busch that are pretty decent. We have stayed at the Wingate by Windham. Basic & clean hotel but good free breakfast. Get to BG early as possible (again better parking). Do the rides you really want to do first altho October shouldn't be super crowded. It seems the afternoons at the parks get more crowded and lines take much longer. Take extra clothes as there are rides you can get wet on or wear clothes / shoes that dry quickly. They have lockers you can rent too.

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Is it quite safe and family orientated at the games in the evening?

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Thank you bornwithwheels, how early would you recommend getting to the stadium before the game?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,355 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Its been a while since I have gone but at least 2 hours, maybe 3 to allow for traffic getting to the stadium. Not sure how crowded the games are nowadays.

As far as safety, there is alcohol served. The game we went to was pretty calm, did not see any problems. I have been to Miami Dolpins games where there have been several fights. We were not sitting where it happended and they security was right on top of it and carried the participants out of the stadium right away.

Navan, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

We sat in front of priate ship and it brilliant atmosphere there and i now complete understand how nfl games tatics run and rules it complete different from tv live game and it family safe game and just one guy got kick out of stadium but he haven't done anything wrong but sercuity took it serious I suppose it their way anyway I advise you to park your car 2 and half hour before the game start and you can do bbq in car parking area as well it not very same as in europe sports game it very different experience and I will go back again to buc home game next year and hopefully get orlando magic basketball game in october 2014 hopefully

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

Have been to a few games over the years, unfortunately the games don't always fit into our plans but

great experience and atmosphere, well worth a visit

8. Re: Bucaneers in Tampa and Busch gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:18