We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawthorn Suites

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devon
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hawthorn Suites

I would really appreciate some advice on whether the Hawthorn Suites at LBV would be a good choice for someone without a car wishing to visit the WDW parks and enjoy restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is in the right price bracket and has the added bonus of a free (albeit basic) breakfast. The brochures, trip reports, reviews I have read all differ on how close the hotel is to the Disney transportation centre. I m hoping there is a lynx stop near the hotel for a short bus trip as the hotel shuttle times are not good. I am also hoping there is a supermarket within walking distance for lunch items. Any advice on this hotel or maybe a suggestion for a more suitable one in a similar price band would be very gratefully received. My head is now spinning from all the research!

Orpington, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawthorn Suites

It's a good location but a fair walk to Down Town Disney. If they are part of the Down Town Disney hotel bus network it would be worth it. We stayed there about three years ago and it was an excellent base.

Devon
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawthorn Suites

What would you consider to be a 'fair walk' please? How many miles approx.? I have not heard of the Downtown Disney hotel bus network. Where can I find out about this? I am almost tempted by The Clarion LBV as they offer early and late complimentary hotel shuttle services but the flip side is the reviews aren't that great.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawthorn Suites

Their website say this about transportation

TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

Our Orlando hotel provides airport shuttle service and free scheduled shuttles to Walt Disney World.

I would send them an email to ask when the shuttles runs, some hotels only run one or two a day so worth checking out.

The number 50 Lynx go goes pass your door every 30mins during the day

Devon
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawthorn Suites

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have looked at hotel shuttle times and they are not good which is why I am hoping that I can easily use lynx. A lynx stop near the hotel sounds just what I need. I have looked on the lynx site and from what I can tell he lynx buses run after the fireworks - I hope I am correct? Anyone any ideas on how much a taxi to the transportation centre from the hotel would be?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,749 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawthorn Suites

We have stayed at the Clarion LBV and it is a good hotel for the price IMHO. We were not so keen on the Hawthorne Suites and checked out instead of staying there last year! Having said that, it gets rave reviews on TA and seems to be very good if you are a family with children. Sorry but as we had a car I can not advise on shuttles/buses.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawthorn Suites

Hi

The shuttle buses are only run 3 times a day from the hotels at LBV you have to let the driver know what time you will be returning. Estimate for a full bus I think.You would be better with the Lynx bus which runs more frequently and stops at Palm Parkway which is a short walk for you.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawthorn Suites

Ive done sooo much research on this hotel as were staying there next march (:

If you go onto google maps and look at the bus routes along palm parkway, there is a bus stop literally just outside this hotel.

Ive memorised the bus routes as I dont think their shuttle service is that good compared to lynx.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawthorn Suites

I use taxi farefinder , you wanted from the hotel to ticket and transportation center?

$4.94

$5.43 incl. 10% tip

Devon
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawthorn Suites

Many thanks for all the very useful replies. I am extremely grateful to all of you. I think lynx will be the way to go (great tip about Google maps!) but haven't ruled out The Clarion as their shuttle times are very good compared with others. Just too many decisions to make :)

10. Re: Hawthorn Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:19