We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Hi, Today we went to one of our local Gold Coast water parks & as I was climbing up the stairs slowly in the long lines, I was daydreaming about the Orlando water parks-having never been before.

Being a big big chicken of heights (yet loving water slide rides) I was just wondering if it is common in the water parks in Orlando for the lines to be half way down the stairs or do they have the line ups at the bottom prior to entering the stairs?

Some of ours have line ups at the bottom but some have the line ups on the stairs. I am fine to walk all the way up those stairs if I can go at a steady pace....its when I have to stop and wait half way up a flight that I get a bit freaked out!!!

Hope someone can let me know the go in Orlando so I know what to expect :-)

Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Hi, sorry to say I think most of the lines go up the stairs.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Hiya AJ,

Aquatica are all up stairs....

Typhoon lagoon are all paths leading upto the slides....

I think Blizzard beach are paths aswell as far as i can remember...

Cheers,

Trill

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Aquatica and wet n wild both have lines up the stairs

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

BB are paths apart from summit plummet which is stairs. TL think only crush n gusher ring has stairs. Aquatica is stairs

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Crush n gusher at TL deffo has stairs

Most wet and wild rides are up stairs

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,711 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Go some place Typhoon Lagoon early in the morning, mid week and there should be little or no waiting times outside of peak holiday times.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

I could have written that post, I know exactly how you feel and those stairs with the gaps are the worst! I loved Aquatica and coped ok on the stairs as long as no one else came too close to me (in our group) and I was able to hold on with both hands to the hand rail. Also got family to carry my tyre if I needed one so I had both hands free, also whilst trying to hide my discomfort from my son! Realise as I type this I must sound like a weirdo lol! It helped that it wasn't busy when we were there so the queues weren't big. Glad to hear the BB and TL should be better for me!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Acquatica is defo up the stairs and I was freaked by the height so I don't look down! No pain no gain as they say!!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

I dont know what's worse, the heights or being confronted by some dude's hairy butt incased in budgie smugglers. And you know the nationalities Im talking about!

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water park line ups.....on stairs?

Get to wet n wild for opening and you can have the whole park covered by 11.30am and no queues!!!! Other than that you are waiting in line!