We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta approval

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Esta approval

Hi , ok kids passports arrived today so I decided just to apply for our group esta .

I know there would be no reason to be denied this but for some bizarre reason I felt quiet panicy and sick while filling out the forms ? Anyone else experienced this ?

Great news is our little family is all approved and I can now start planning this trip without having to worry about this anymore :)

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esta approval

I experience it every time lol! I always re read the questions twice, just to be sure I haven't made a mistake. Think it's the scary wording that makes you nervous!

Level Contributor
778 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esta approval

Me too. Stomach always churned even though I know they will be approved.

Level Contributor
336 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esta approval

Ha! me too.

Totally Irrational, but every time I am the same :)

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esta approval

been going for 30 years and every time at the border I worry I will be sent home.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esta approval

Ha ha ha..I feel the same way with any type of "authority." always nervous going thru security for no reason at all. I think it's all the naughty things we do as little kids that are in our subconscious . Stealing a coin from behind the couch cushions,or eating too mamy cookies/bisquits before supper/tea.

We're all big bad crmininals in our minds..ha ha ha. ;+))

Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Esta approval

I feel that too!! Can anyone tell me if I can apply for a new ESTA for next October even though my last ESTA is still valid until April 2014, or do I have to wait until the last one runs out?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Esta approval

I felt like I was going to puke when I applied for ours.

Bfs was approved automatically. Mine said pending for about a hour.

I was never so scared in all my life. LOL.

We're off on Thursday and I'm so scared I'll get there and be sent home. LOL.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Esta approval

Nairn, you don't have to wait for your ESTA to expire. It will come up with a screen saying a valid ESTA is in place but you can bypass that page.

Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Esta approval

Thank you floridashirl, Sue x

Edited: 05 October 2013, 07:23
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Esta approval

I've just renewed ours 1/2 hour ago, and although nothing had changed since the last ESTA, I still felt a bit uneasy !

A couple of years ago at MCO, as we were waiting to collect our cases, I was stopped by a nice security lady and a very friendly dog. It was my handbag (purse) they were interested in. I was asked if I had any fruit or veg in the bag as the dog was having a good old sniff and the security lady asked to look inside. I hadn't, but it was my empty Wine Gum packet that the doggie could smell. I had eaten them all on the plane and just left the empty packet in my bag, but it goes to show how sensitive those doggies noses are. She smiled and said 'no problem, you're free to go'......but the tension I felt at the time, I can't tell you how scared I was.