We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise from orlando

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
cruise from orlando

I would like to ask if we can book our cruise to Caribbean from Orlando. We have just been on one and was thinking it might be cheaper to book one from there as we booked from England as a package. The royal Caribbean sail from cape Canaveral and after talking to Americans who live in Orlando on the cruise that option looks more attractive. could anyone give me a bit of advice please? As been thinking i would book hotel for few days then go on the ship and a few days on return. Look forward to some replies thank you.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise from orlando

What advice do you need? Royal Caribbean has a bunch of info on their web site.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise from orlando

If you want to book a cruise only from Port Canaveral I expect Royal Caribbean have some. You will then have to book flights to and from Orlando and of course the hotels. Have a look at Royal Caribbean website and see what they have on offer.

3. Re: cruise from orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 11:43
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise from orlando

It should be easy enough to check the prices on-line. It's all on the RCCL web site. I could see there being some sort of Florida Resident discount, but that would be for folks who actually reside here. I never did understand RCCL discounts (I usually book through a travel agent), but it seemed like they have a different one for every state. I'm not sure what they've got for folks from across the pond, but enter your country and see what you get. You might also want to talk to a travel agent. They won't cost you any more and might even save you a few dollars (or pounds).

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cruise from orlando

You may or may not get it cheaper by booking here. I do know you will get better information and guidance by using a Florida-based cruise travel agent. By the way, their services cost you nothing and a good one can shop all cruise lines, ports and itineraries. I have sent you a PM.

6. Re: cruise from orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 23:35
ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
934 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cruise from orlando

I looked on planetcruise.co.uk and virginholidaycruises.co.uk

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cruise from orlando

mom404,

You can't advertise or promote your business on Trip Advisor.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 22:53
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cruise from orlando

I think Virgin Cruises were also offering a NCL cruise with a hotel at one point. The NCL cruise actually started at New York with Port Canaveral being an exclusive point of embarkation for Virgin guests.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cruise from orlando

You should also look at www.cruisecritic.com , a sister website to Trip Advisor. Lots of cruise-specific advice there, including ratings of home ports, ports of call, cruise lines, ships, shore excursions, and even cabins.

Port Canaveral is just east of Orlando, about 60 minutes drive from Disney or 45 minutes from Orlando Airport (MCO). The port is adjacent to Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, tourist beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, and home to many hotels. The Kennedy Space Center is also there and is a popular site to visit both before or after a cruise.