We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
136 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Thanks for everyone's help with my hotel question just wanted to get a guide for what a good direct flight price from the uk is. Currently for September 2014 ba are offering them at £650 return per person.

Are these likely to drop much? Do hotel prices increase closer to the time. I am keen to book but don't want to book now and then in a few weeks or months all the prices down by a few hundred £

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

I would hang on 'til the next Sale, next one is normally from boxing day to mid Jan. I booked for May '14 a few weeks ago in the previous sale & only paid £580, it too is showing as £650 now. Could have paid less (£40-50) by flying on Mon,Tue,Wed, but I prefer to go on a Thursday as it gives me a weekend to get over the blues.

scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Gave you tried flythomascook. Com? I'm booked for Sep 14 and paid £500 return from Glw. They have increased a bit since booking, but worth trying

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Consider Aerlingus.com

from Heathrow, Gatwick or Southend to Orlando MCO

via Dublin.

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport "

Google " MCO airport - Arrivals guide "

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

You on commission from Dublin Airport / Aer Lingus Rick?

In my experience hotel prices stay fairly constant. There are so many rooms hotels rarely sell out, especially in September which is out of peak summertime.

You can wait a while on that fare. You should be able to get better than that. As has been mentioned check the charter flights also....

I was looking at very last minute flights in the last month with Thomson for travel in Sep this year and if you could travel within 3 or 4 days of booking flights on the dreamliner from LGW were £268 return excluding luggage, so if you're brave enough......

Edited: 01 October 2013, 12:04
Wales
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

As far as hotel prices are concerned you could book now - then cancel and re-book if the hotel offers a better rate closer to the time you are going. Make sure first, however, that the hotel allows free cancellations up to a certain time - normally 72 hours before arrival.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

September is known as Convention season and a lot of

hotels in the area are booked early every year

see.....Roomsaver.com / Orlando FL

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Was going to ask the same question, so glad that someone did! This will help me too 😉 im looking for the same sort if time, and the flights that are showing are same sort of price and going further along still, some are over 700!! I always thought flights were cheaper in advance but as someone else has said there are flights for in a couple I weeks time for 300!!! Don't know what to do myself..

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

For sept, couple of seat, flexible on dates then you can sit back and wait til you see the price you want. Much lower than 280 is unlikely even last minute with Thomson.

Certainly you will do better than what you are seeing now. However if your are a group of 10 and can only take the one date you are much more likely to take what is on offer now although wait for Christmas time sale.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Meg - Flights are cheaper in advance if you travel in peak season, no doubt.

September is not peak and the late bargains such as the £300 flights are with the charter airlines not BA Virgin etc. If you are prepared and are able to go at the drop of a hat then this may be for you. Again, depends how brave you are.

I am lucky in so far as I can go off peak at very short notice so I will look to do that next time. However I also know that nothing is guaranteed and may have to stay here or go somewhere else.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight prices flying direct from the uk

Hi

Always book 6 weeks in advance on a Monday or Tuesday. I go New Year - mid April and September. September should be a good price as the children go back to school.