We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

My husband is a teacher and we only have certain times to come to ORLANDO... Wondering being we we def. go to Disney parks, and just traffic and tourists in general which is a busier time in Orl Fla area. Thanks!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

Depends on the time of the month. The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest of the year. The week of Presidents Day is also extremely busy.

The first two weeks of February are usually very quiet:

easywdw.com/category/…

easywdw.com/category/…

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

UGH... it would need to be either anytime thru Dec 26-Jan 1 OR Feb 16-24.....

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

So what you are saying is Christmas holiday time is BUSIER typically that end FEB?...lol I'm hoping for some luck here..

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

End of August would be the best bet (unless he has to go in to school at that time for meetings, etc.). If I had to choose between Christmas week and winter/president week, I would go with Feb.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

I don't ever go then but the Magic Kingdom closed to some guests several times due to capacity ths past Christmas. I was at WDW once when our Mardi Gras holiday coincided with President's Day week and it was crazy busy but the parks didn't reach capacity.

It's definitely not easy fitting Orlando into a teacher's schedule :-(

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,008 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

Dec. 26 and the 10 days after are shoulder to shoulder busy at Disney(and the other parks). It is the businest time of the year and the parks will be crowded with kids,tourists and tourists with kids.Your dates in February would be somewhat better,still pretty crowded. I don't know what kind of luck you are hoping for,even when the economy is bad and the weather is rainy,Disney is mobbed anytime kids are out of school.It is manageable with some planning but when we go at that time of year,it usually is not to go to the parks but to enjoy the resort we are staying in.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

We get out second week of May so that's when we always went. I have been at the end of August a few times. The weather can be pretty stinky (hot, humid, rainy) but it's a lot less crowded than Christmas. Disney usually runs their free dining plan promotion beginning around mid-August. Unfortunately for us, Louisiana schools are back in by then.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

No comparison. Christmas week is the busiest week of the entire year, every year, without question. Go in February; have a plan, use fast pass and enjoy!

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

Thank you!!!!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help..Which is busier time (kids, tourists).. FEB or DEC?

Travel fan Ft. Worth said it perfectly. Go in Feb. Arrive at rope drop. Get a good touring plan (we liked the one in the Unofficial Guide) and follow it closely. It will even tell you when to use fast pass. We walked on many rides and never waited more than twenty minutes, and this was the first week in January when the parks were still hopping after Christmas.