We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando in October

UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando in October

Hi Orlando experts!

My husband and I and our 9 year old son are coming to Orlando for our 3rd trip in October this year. We're staying in a villa in Kisimmee.

I was wondering if anyone could answer the following:

1.Where can I buy the cheapest 10 or 14 day passes to Disney? The last time we came we had park hoppers or something, but the system seems to have changed. If anyone knows of any really good bargains, I'd be grateful to have that info.

2.Where can i pre-book entrance to the Disney Halloween spectacular at the magic kingdom? We missed out last time as all tickets had been sold.

3.Any advice on fastpass tickets or front of line would be gratefully received, both for Disney parks and Universal.

4. Is Discovery Cove worth doing? My son is desperate to swim with Dolphins but it just looks really expensive. Is it worth the entrance fee?

Thanks for all your help.

York, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando in October

sorry, can only help you with the discovery cove question.

In my view it's worth every penny but I would urge you to gently manage your sons expectations of the actual dolphin "swim". It would be much better renamed as "interacting with dolphins", not quite so catchy granted but probably more accurate.

The swim period is only about half an hour or so and it's in a very controlled environment spent only about knee deep in the water where you learn about their training, see them carry out instructions etc, you will be allowed to touch and stroke them, "kiss" them for a photo and then finally you will be pulled along for a short period by them.

That said, I still think that the park it'self as an overall experience and day out is fantastic, there are plenty of other things to do including the sting ray pool and the tropical reef which i happily swam about in for ages.

I believe that all your food and drink are also included.

All in all i think this park has a really special feel to it, probably enhanced by the limited numbers allowed in every day.

I'm off to orlando again in november and fully intend going again. I appreciate that it isn't the cheapest holiday in the world and there is always an element of where exactly do you draw the line as there are so many fantastic things to do, however if you can justify it in your budget then go for it !

Enjoy :-)

staffordshire,UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando in October

For your Disney tickets,visit Orlandoticketdeals.co.uk or Attractionticketsdirect.co.uk. You can choose between 5/7/14 or 21-day Premium tickets that give you access to all of Disney's parks and other venues. They're all good value,and there's not a lot in it on price (you won't find super-discounted tickets anywhere outside of timeshare deals).

Disney.com is currently showing advance booking for Mickey's Halloween Party.

FastPass at Disney is free for all park guests. At Universal,you only get free front-of-line access as an on-site hotel guest (but the ride access is totally unlimited). You can pay extra on the day for FOL as a normal park guest,but it costs between $35 and $50 usually.

UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando in October

Thank you both for your sound advice!

I shall definitley book Discovery Cove and thanks for all the info on tickets. :)

4. Re: Orlando in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 02:16