We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

12 posts
Save Topic
Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

Me and my partner both 26 years old are visiting orlando in November this year and have a pretty packed schedule, We Only got a day at disney and we can't make our minds up where to visit, we have managed to narrow it down to magic kingdom or Hollywood studios? Any advice welcomed.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

For Disney magic nothing can beat magic kingdom

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

HS is amazing though! I love both but think I would go for HS I were you. It has TOT and RRR for thrills and Fastasmic is really special at night. I prefer to have a seat and watch a show rather than battle the crowds for the Wishes fireworks at MK. Such a tough decision though as both parks have their plus points, I don't envy you! Have a close look at each on line and see if you can draw up a list of must dos to help you decide. Good Luck!

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

I'd say Hollywood studios only because we doneMK and didn't enjoy it really at all.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

Wow..hardest queestion on the Orlando forum..always..LOL

It's really REALLY hrad to chose just one. I personally suggest Magic Kingdom,because it's "All about the fab 5." and the fireworks are out of this world. People cry their eyes out,and you can just tell they're first timers. It's so neat.

DHS is also great fun,and has Tower of Terror and rock'n roller Coaster,to name just a few fun things.

You might want to have some fun perusing the web,and especially some good quality videos on Youtube,to see what's goin on in each park. It's a win win,so just pick whatever looks the best to you.

Happy planning!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,517 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,471 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

If I had kids with me I do MK if its just my wife and I would do HS.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 01:28
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

Whic date in Nov. are you visiting? If it's one of the days they have Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party...you could go to HS during the day then head over to MK for the party. It's from 7pm until 1am, but they normally allow you to enter at 4pm. It's a separate ticket, but costs less than a regular 1 day.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

If you have to choose just 1 then I think HS would probably suit you best given you have no kids.

We always come away from MK feeling like we enjoyed it but it would've been a lot better if we'd had some small kids in our party. That said, Wishes at the end of the day is worth the price of admission alone!!

It's a nice dilemma to have but my choice in your situation would be DHS.

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

Is this your first visit to Disney? If so then I would go to the Magic Kingdom. The first sighting of Cinderella's Castle is magical and there is lots to do to keep you occupied for the whole day plus if you want to take a break in the middle of the day you can jump on the monorail and visit one of the monorail resorts for lunch. Don't dismiss rides on the basis that they are just for kids. All of the rides (well personally I can not recommend the Tiki Rooms or the Country Bears) are worth a go.

Nothing encompasses all that is Disney more than the Magic Kingdom!

Hollywood Studios is a great park but doesn't have as much of the Disney magic.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,517 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

As above, would agree it depends on what you want.

If you want to walk around somewhere smiling, and feeling what Disney is all about then it's the Magic Kingdom.

That said, if you want rides and excitement then Hollywood Studios does the business all over Magic Kingdom. Tower of Terror, The Rock n' Roll Coaster, Star Tours are three of the best rides in Orlando. And the ice cream is better.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,517 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic kingdom or Hollywood studios?

Firstly thanks for all the responses. :) yes it is our first time to disney it's our first time to orlando in fact. We are traveling to orlando from the uk on the 13th of novemeber and are planning to go disney on the 19th of novemeber. We have cirque du soleil booked for the same evening so were planning on spending the day at disney then show afterwards. We both want to feel the disney experience that's why we were thinking MK but at same time don't wanna miss out on the big rides at HS. So my next question is, we have tickets for all the other big parks would we being missing much if we don't go to HS?