We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carly's TR 2nd October

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Carly's TR 2nd October

Epcot- oh my i was so excited yesterday morning, definitely my favourite park and it was a 12 hour day but amazing. Lukasz enjoyed it too, though i'm sure the array of beers had something to do with that! We topped up $50 each on our wrist band for the food and booze festival, i skipped breakfast for it.

First task of the day was to get the big 3 done, got a FP for Fast track, rode Mission space straight away then got to the other side for Soarin' which was a 45min wait and didn't go down all day. All 3 are wonderful and the fast track improvements are fantastic.

By this time i was feeling hungry, we basically ate and drunk our way around the world stopping off for some of the movies. We both felt a bit ill after the American one, we kept singing to each other the theme tune from Team America! Lukasz was impressed by the Polish stand, was popular so he had a patriotic moment and proceeded to buy some beer! The food was impressive.

We then popped back to the front of the park to see the other attractions, we though Captain Eo was very strange lol Loved the changes to spaceship earth, thought they'd have to change it as we're all using Skype now! I think the wine got to us because we suddenly found ourselves in the disney character meet and greet with lots of demanding kids. We thought we were queuing for a ride lol.

At half 7 we went back to Mexico for our dinner reservation at La Hacienda. Good restaurant, great staff and the food was fresh and yummy. Of course it came with a Disney price tag. Think it was about $70. Turned out to be an expensive day, that with shopping in the big Mouse Gear store when a bit tipsy busted my card! I have a drawer full of mickey ears! Hmmm still you can't put a price on Disney magic right?!

We watched illuminations, fell asleep on the bus then collasped to bed. Wow what a super day.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

It certainly sounds like a super day. Had a small chuckle at you in the character meet and greet whilst slightly tipsy! So glad that you're both having a great time.

bridlington
Level Contributor
722 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Wow you certainly crammed in a lot, I can't wait to do test track it was closed last year so will certainly be doing it next year

Can't wait for the next episode

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Hiya Picakes,

I also lol at the lining up to meet Mickey....Your never too old, even if your full of alcohol...(",)

Epcot at the moment with the food thingy is great, what a great afternoon out with a few mates walking around the world eating and drinking.....Shame i had to drive...Booooo..

Sounds like your having great fun.

Trill

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

What a great day.Bet you slept really well that night.lol

Epcot is my fave park!

Marish

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

I can hear the enthusiasm in your reports. It's so lovely. Tipsy character meeting sounds hilarious. I love Epcot. It just has a great feeling.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Another lol moment at you guys in the line for character meet and greet!!!

Sounds like a very fun day. Good one :-)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Grocery shopping while hungry is bad, but souvenir shopping while tipsy - soooo much worse LOL Did you ever figure out where you were when you met the characters? ha ha, that's really a good one! Anything in particular that you ate (or drank!) while you were there that you'd recommend?!? Thanks for sharing your great day!

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Oh my all of the food is good, i had a hawian pork slider with pineapple relish, lamb meatball in a yorkshire pudding type thing from New Zealand and the best was the Belgium potato and leek waffle with beef stew! I think i may go back but start at the other end!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Hi again! I'm sorry, I just noticed that all my questions to you are about food LOL I only have one day for EPCOT and I realize there is now way I can even begin to try everything they have - ha ha. Thanks again!!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carly's TR 2nd October

Epcot is indeed food heaven you are truly having a blast so far.