We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
613 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
I'm back

Got back 28th Sept after another great holiday. Flew Virgin. When I came to check in the day before they had changed our seats from the upper deck to the lower deck right at he back. Virgin seem to like changing our seats.. They have changed us the last 3 times we have travelled with them. I understand they need to seat parties together but there were 16 seats in a block by our new seats empty and 6 further up. So why did they move us, they could have put whoever sat in our chosen seats there instead. Who knows.

The flight was a very good one, passed quite quickly. We stayed in the Rosen Centre (separate report done on hotel). Again can't fault the place. Fantastic room overlooking the pool which we asked for 2 weeks before we travelled. Overlooked SeaWorld, and Disney parks in the distance.

Weather the first week was above average temperatures. Monday of the 2nd week rained like I have never seen rain before. ALL DAY. Roads flooded the lot. Park rides shut down, pools emptied. The next day was a bit better with just a bit of rain. Always go this time of the year and have never had rain like that before.

Went to Seaworld a lot as we had the SeaWorld, Aquatica & Bucsh Gardens ticket this time round. We had booked to go the Clearwater on the Wednesday of the 2nd week as they couldn't fit us in on the 1st Friday which was a really hot day, but we cancelled this due to the weather as we didn't want to travel all down there not to be able to sit on the beach. (Glad we did). Went to the Blue Man Group instead which we really enjoyed.

Enjoyed Bucsh Gardens. Cheeta Run was great. Went on the new Antartica ride at SeaWorld. Waste of time. Never been so cold in my life. I know it needs to be cold but if you are going to go on the ride please take a cardie or coat as you will need it in there. Far colder that the old penguin encounter. Maybe it is because there is no glass between you and the penguins now so it needs to be cold for them. But even the ride is freezing. There are 2 lines. Wild ride or Mild ride. Can't see what the wild part about it was. Even my hubby (who hates rides) couldn't see what was wild about it.

Good flight back. Actually got to sit in my chosen seats. Can't wait to book again.

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm back

Sounds good, glad you had a good time, when are you thinking about going back?

England
Level Contributor
613 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm back

End of next September I hope

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm back

Was really looking forward to Penguin Encounter but the reviews are not so good.

Glad you had a fab time.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm back

Agree Cheetah Hunt was good at Busch.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 15:51
Wales
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm back

It's high time that Virgin got their act together when it comes to seat selection. They should either allow people to book their seats in advance and KEEP THEM - or abandon this so-called service altogether. Why give people the opportunity to select their seats if they keep changing them? They are just messing people about. It is very poor PR on their part.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm back

With the seat change, it's obvious the flight was not full, therefore they probably closed the upper deck altogether, I have heard they do this, am hoping our flight next month is full, as we bagged the upper deck but who knows....here's wishing.... glad you had a brill time, another one here loves cheatah hunt, 3 launches is great!

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm back

We go in 16 days woop woop

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm back

Sounds like a good trip. Shame the penguin encounter wasn't so great, it's not getting good reviews at all.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm back

Thanks for sharing your report.....sounds like a fun time.

Yeah the Penguin encounter sounds lame....so many bad reports on that.

Glad you got your seats on the way home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm back

I agree about the Antarctica penguin encounter being lame. It baffles me why they have a "mild" and "wild" version. The "wild" version is anything but! The best bit is the penguins at the end, but it's just too cold and fishy smelling (IMO) to stay in there any length of time.