We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strollers for big kids

Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Topic
strollers for big kids

We are heading down in couple of weeks and buddy who is going with us has an almost 7 yr that is about 85lbs. I know that sounds large but hes tall too, almost 5feet already. Although hes big and has lots of energy, doesnt do strollers anymore, just thinking of last minute rentals (besides the park ones) for long days and late nights. Im taking mine down for my regular(lol) sized daughter who is 4 months older, 1foot shorter and 40lbs lighter.

I know of the new approved places, but on their websites they dont have any strollers for larger kids.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 19:07
Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strollers for big kids

Sorry am a little confused. You want a stroller for a seven year old? Please forgive me if I've misunderstood, but can't they walk?

Level Contributor
4,439 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: strollers for big kids

You will probably find that the kids have far more energy than you give them credit for. There's plenty to distract them from getting too tired and it not like they will need to nap in the stroller at seven years old.... So let them walk and you all rest up as needed.

At aged seven, my kids would have been horrified to be put in a stroller.

Also at nearly five foot, one child is almost the same height as me and you could not pay me enough to sit in a stroller. Sorry if that's mean... If the kids have a disability, then that's a different story...

Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: strollers for big kids

He is actually 61/2,, and is not able to go for 10 hours of the day. But thanks for the info

Edited: 06 October 2013, 00:39
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: strollers for big kids

I am surprised at the roughness of these responses! OP has a legitimate question - bullying her for her choices is not what I've come to expect from this forum.

OP - there is a large stroller with capacity for 100lbs at orlandostrollerrentals.com. I would think, however, that any of the park strollers would be OK for your 7 yr old. He will probably not use it that much, but I understand you wanting to have a backup plan.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: strollers for big kids

Thanks Kyliep,,, the others are off the ducks back,,, no worries not everyone is privy to each others lives.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 15:18
6. Re: strollers for big kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:21
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question