We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Magic Bands

Save Topic
Disney World Magic Bands

Hi guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, new to this. Me and my boyfriend (his first time! My 14th) are going to Disney in 33 days and staying at AOA. We have applied to trial magic bands and it all seems like we are registered. We have customised bands etc but on the website and app we can't register our days to get fast passes. All our package details work but not our day passes to the park. Does any1 know why this is? What code do we need or will we not be able to until 15 days before we go? Hope you can make sense of this.

Please help.

Thanks

P.s We have 14 for 7 ultimate Disney tickets.

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

As far as I've read the current fast pass test only runs until 31st October. As you are travelling in November the trial isn't extended until then yet.

That's what I think anyway.

If you are sure you are in the trial then call Disney on 08001690730 and ask for free phone UK technical support. I've lost the number but they deal with the app and sorted us out when it decided to register one son twice and husband as a child lol.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

Hey,

I have recently seen the bands show up on my account online and tried doing fast pass but wouldn't allow me to.

However, I randomly checked last week and clicked 'add plan' on one of the days We will be there and at the bottom it had an option for fast passes. I've booked several now.

This was on the my disney experience site not the app.

We travel in 31 days so similar time frame.

Give it a go and fingers crossed!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

We are travelling to WDW for 7 nights commencing 28 November and when I login to my disney experience we have been given the ability to choose our FP +

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

Your ability to use the fastpass may begin when you are within 30 days of your visit. Our ability to book came earlier but I was told that it should have bee 30 days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

We were in Disney for 17 days and we were also chosen to use the "Magic Bands". To say the least the bands are far from "Magic" and to say the most they are the worst idea Disney has come up with. They gave my family more problems and cost us a lot of time. They didn't work at the parks ---- I was consistently asked to "step to the side so they could adjust it" and out came their little magic box to make the adjustment. I wouldn't mind if it was adjusted but each time I went to the park my Magic Band was not adjusted I was asked to "step to the side". My daughter and her family couldn't get into their rooms with the so called Magic Bands - it is a good thing she had her card. With all the time taken up on our vacation I began to wonder Why were Disney's "guests" used to iron out the kinks?. One of the employees at the gate of Epcot said to me "this is a trial and error system all the kinks are not out of it yet". I replied I thought it was unfair and certainly disrespectful for Disney to put their "guests" through so many inconveniences. Why not use YOUR EMPLOYEES "to work out the kinks". This is the "guests" vacations of whom worked hard to save their money to come to Disney. Technically the "guests" were working for Disney. Given the choice I would never wear the Magic Bands. They were more of an inconvenience then a convenience. Also, if the big push is the fast pass think of this, once everyone has a magic band and everyone has the ability to access the fast pass in advance, the fast pass line will be longer than the regular line. I will pass on the magic band and its inability to properly work and I'll use the regular line which will be shorter than the fast pass.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

Read my posting regarding the Magic Bands and you may change your mind as to whether or not you will want to use them.

Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

just returned nov 5th our bands worked great and only saw 1 or 2 people with a problem

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

We were issued magic bands (to our surprise) and they worked fine. The only issue was one that the magic bands had nothing to do with: my father apparently is hard to get a good fingerprint from with those biometric machines. Happened on a military base too, so it's him. Also the hotel staff didn't split our folio correctly as they should have but again, that could happen anywhere.

I found them remarkably easy to use- even my father who is older and not very technologically hip found them a piece of cake to use.

I admit we didn't try fast pass plus but we didn't need fastpasses; we had minimal waits most of the time (Dumbo and Pirates of the Caribbean were the longest at roughly 15 minutes and 20 respectively).

Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

Kitap - why was it a surprise? We're you staying at a disney resort?

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney World Magic Bands

We were but we had heard nothing from Disney- we booked the vacation through AAA- about our being issued them, so it came as a surprise when we checked in and they brought out the bands.

But they really are simple to use. And your first name is printed on the inside, which adds to the coolness factor.

I think they also help with food/souvenir lines as well- no need to hunt for that stupid penny or decide which credit card to use.