We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife...???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife...???

Two Single 20-something year olds on our way to Orlando and then on to Tampa for a Cruise.

We have booked our first night to stay in the Rosen Plaza but we want to make the most of the nightlife and the clubs either side of the cruise...

Is the nightlife good Thurs/Friday nights? Are we best sticking to International Drive/City Walk or heading to Tampa earlier?

We have tickets for SeaWorld and Busch too, but as we are young free and single we would like to mingle and meet people of similar interests? A big fine American will Do!!!

Ashton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife...???

I am happy you have posted this ans me and my friend are going in 2 weeks are are both in our 20s and are single and want to enjoy good nightlife! Still looking for answers though :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife...???

All the 20 something's are arriving in Citywalk all dressed up for the evening as most of the families are leaving. I think that would be your best bet.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,706 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife...???

If you want touristy nightlife, you want Citywalk. If you want something a little less tame, you need to go Downtown Orlando later on Saturday Night. There is a huge bunch of bars along and within a couple of blocks of Orange Avenue between the Suntrust Building and South Street.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife...???

Downtown Orlando is probably your best bet for nightlife in Orlando. City Walk is nice, in an insulated touristy sort of way. You've also got a couple of place across the street from your hotel that might be worth a look. BB Kings is the one that comes most to mind.

If you head over to Tampa, as far as I know Ybor City is the hot spot. I was only ever over there once and generally like it, but we don't find ourselves in Tampa very often (at least not with free time).

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife...???

Nightlife is up at Citywalk in Universal but be prepared as some of the bars/nightclubs up there charge €15-€20 for entry. Entry to clubs in America is not cheap. some of the bars/nightclubs are not the best. Be prepared for a lot of hip/hop music. We have found that even when we are there in summer that the bars/clubs up at Citywalk during the week can be bit on quite side but a lot busier at the weekends.

When we are there this year in few weeks time we are going take the lynx bus to downtown Orlando which is bout 15min drive away and get taxi back.

When we have been other parts of states like San Fran, New York as Vegas we found that to sit at table in clubs you have pay a crazy fee ranging anything from $300 to $1200 which would then come with bottle of vodka or whatever spirit you want and your mixers. not sure if this will apply in Downtown Orlando but this doesn't apply in Citywalk at Universal.

Edited: 07 October 2013, 19:49
UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife...???

If you want to keep things simple and uncomplicated, then Citywalk will do you nicely. Yes its touristy, but its a nice place to hang out at night.

Edited: 07 October 2013, 19:54
Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife...???

Hey coolcat..

What dates will you be there? I arrive on the 31st?

Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife...???

Thanks Everyone...

So Im thinking, Citywalk Thursday night... Downtown Orlando Friday night... Cruise.. Ybor City when we get off on the Thursday night... and then whichever was our favourite for the last night!

Ashton, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife...???

We arrive on the 21st October for 2 weeks :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
42 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife...???

Happy Days,

Keep in touch with me and let me know your 'finds'- may even see you about for your final few days!!