We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Today was another Disney one :-) Hollywood Studios! We were a little later leaving than we had planned - again! So we just picked up something quick to eat at McDonalds as it is right on our doorstep. We then headed for the bus to take us to the Magic Kingdom Transportation and Ticket Centre where we would transfer to Hollywood Studios.

We arrived at Hollywood Studios about 10.15am and went straight to Toystory to get a fastpass. Our fastpass time was 7.55pm! But we were lucky to get one at all as they go so quickly so we would just have to wait to experience it! We walked past the ride a few times during the day. In doing so, we saw the queue range from 75 minutes to 105 minutes.

We managed a couple of hours at the park before the heavens opened! It was torrential. We had this a few times throughout the day. One of the times, using it as an excuse to stop at the Diner for a cocktail! Yum!

We managed to fit Rock 'n'' Roller Coaster in twice today and did Tower of Terror too. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster did not disappoint! Still think it is my favourite ride (so far anyway) - and it is now my boyfriends too!

Another experience I really enjoyed was the American Idol one. As an audience member of course! We went to one of the afternoon shows and decided to go back for the finale in the evening, as the girl who won the afternoon audition we had seen was an incredible singer! She actually went on to win and was given a ticket to the real auditions for the show!

Our time eventually came for Toystory. This ride was well worth the wait! It was so competitive! I was winning the whole way through until the very last game when my boyfriend ended up beating me! I was not happy lol!

We arrived back at the hotel at 10.30pm, so we grabbed a quick pizza again from CiCis.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

wow i can't believe at 10:15 a.m. you got a 7:55 p.m. fast pass. wonder if it has to do with people booking fast pass + ahead of time, if yes, this doesn't bode well. glad you enjoyed your day :)

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Glad you had fun even though it rained. It has certainly rained cats and dogs on some occasions when we were there, but it doesn't seem as bad when you're in a Disney Park lol. We purchased Mickey rain ponchos one year and not only were they a great souvenir they were useful as we always bring them along on each trip.

I love Toy Story as well, It's my second fave in all of the Disney Parks. Hate it when the guy wins though. Too much bragging!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Fun reading about your day, especially the American Idol part and also how 'lucky' you were with the FPs :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,175 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Toy Story is really great and so is Tower of Terror.

Magherafelt, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Can't believe how busy Hollywood studios was yesterday. Was it a school holiday or something? Saw more kids there yesterday than every other park in the last two weeks. The place was stuffed. So much for October being a quiet month

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

We found that as well with fastpasses, if you had one early in the day and then wanted another they were always late in the day or evening, I think because now the DISNEY resorts are using the magic bands and people can book their fast passess before they go, we went through and picked ours the day we arrived, for all the parkds we were going to, we could get 3 and then we could use our card, to get one more when we were there,cause they give you a band and a card. But then when we could get another fast pass they were always really late in the day. By around 1pm the day at Hollywood Studios the fast pass machines were closed.

It was so much better than having to run around when you first get there to collect your fast passess. But I think once all the resorts have the Disney magic bands, the people not staying at Disney are going to miss out a bit

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

Or miss out completely as if this is the case we'll just not bother with Disney at all. Glad we went a couple of times when our daughters were younger. From now on I think we'll stick to the other parks.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

I have to agree I think it's a shame that a lot of the fastpasses will be gone even before the parks open. Especially when fastpass plus comes in. And for people who cannot afford to stay at the Disney resorts (or just may choose not to) they will miss out completely and have to stand in queues for hours at a time in peak season. I guess it is Disneys way of encouraging you to stay at one of their hotels.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

"Encouraging" may be a kind way of saying it - but still, takes $ to keep the Magic alive :)

Edited: 10 October 2013, 15:06
10. Re: TR - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios (in the rain!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:17