We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

This morning we decided on breakfast at Perkins. We really enjoyed breakfast here. My cooked breakfast even came with a giant muffin (double chocolate chip) on the side. Tried my best to finish it all but it was just too much!

After breakfast we made our way over to Disney. Animal Kingdom was our destination for today. Although I have been to Orlando before, this was my first trip to Animal Kingdom. We arrived about 10.30am and went straight to get a fastpass for the Kilimanjaro Safari, then took a ride on Expedition Everest and the rapids. Loved both of these rides and the safari was great too! There was a wide variety of animals to see.

Our last stop of the day at Animal Kingdom was the Festival of the Lion King. This was an amazing show! The singing in it was brilliant!

We left the park and headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Tonight we went to Universal City Walk. We decided to eat at Hard Rock Cafe and didn't have long to wait for a table. By the time we looked around the shop and took some pictures outside, our table was ready. The food here was good and our bill was not expensive at all! We were expecting an enormous bill but everything on the menu seemed reasonably priced.

After dinner I was desperate to re-fill my Fat Tuesday Cup! We dropped by the stall rather than go to the bar up the stairs nearer the entrance. There was only three flavours to choose from and they didn't mix flavours the way they had done before, in the actual bar. I will definitely walk the extra way to the bar next time to get a wider choice and a better mix of flavours!

We had a wander round the shops then headed back to our hotel for the night. We both had another incredible day today. Can't believe how quickly our holiday is going by!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
840 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

I love reading your trip report just one thing if you are going back to animal kingdom then I would recomend you go and see the finding nemo stage show its fantastic keep up the good trip report ! Enjoy your holiday

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Another great day. What is a Fat Tuesday cup?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

I love Hard Rock Cafes.....anywhere!! Just love 'em. I was also wondering what a fat Tuesday cup is??

Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Fat Tuesday is a bar that sells frozen daiquiris and they sell souvenir cups that u can refill for a reduced price. To refill mine yesterday was only $6! There is no time limit on when you can get refills either.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Oooh that sounds like my kind of cup :)

Thanks for that!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

I love Animal Kingdom, we came away thinking it was the best of the four theme parks, I know everyone picks MK, but AK is great.

The orange creamsicle cocktail at the Hard Rock is the best.

Memories :) :( :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Great AK day - really enjoying reading about your trip KN87 - thanks for sharing.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

@donut - thanks!!! (like I need another cocktail to try... :) haha

9. Re: TR - Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:17