We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling and arrival TR

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling and arrival TR

Well we stayed at the hilton gatwick over night. Minor panic at one point when the fire alarms went off. Picked up bag and shoes and headed for fhe door , then it stopped. Phew! Checked I. Bags with Virgin the night before so made our way to the vroom for a nice leisurely breakfast.

Flight was on time and we got our seats in the bubble! Not bad really. It definitely wa quieter, well except for the boy behind me pressing his tv screen continuously! I was watching Monsters university and really felt like turning into one of those scare monsters! Anyway I didn't , but if he is behind me on the way back I might say something . Food was on and hostesses were lovely.

We landed 35 mins early, followed by the Manchester flight. Rushed to security before they landed. Oh good we are near the front! Oh no the computers went down ! We wee there an hour before it started up again and there approximately 600 behind us.

Eventually got through and our bags were waiting for us. Picked up our car and off we went. Oops missed the turning! Good job OH had his sat nav . Got to spring hill suites lake buena vista at 5:30 pm . Room is good and spacious . Decided to stock up with nibbles and water so took a trip to publix down the road. So tired fell asleep at 8:30 hence me writing this at 4:00 , which seems the norm when you arrive.

Sorry I rambled on a bit, trying to ignore this cold I picked up on our way. DTD in the morning the MK

London
Level Contributor
963 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Enjoy- hope you don't wake at 0400!!

Hope to hear more!

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Hiya Tracey,

glad you got up in't bubble...

The boy behind on your return will be asleep hopefully....

Keep em coming.

Trill

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,484 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Hi Tracey glad you got there safely

Why do people think "touch screen" means poke/jab screen!!!!

Have a fab time

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Glad you've arrived safely, bummer about the computers going down!!

Have a great time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

What a shame the computers had to crash right when you guys were at the front.

Thanks fo sharing and have a good first day!! Enjoy MK :-)

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Good TR Tracey - I never wake early even on my first day in Orlando! Looking forward to the rest of your reports

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Off to a great start enjoy your vacation.

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Good start apart from the computers, how annoying to be so close and yet just stuck there waiting, still at least you weren't stuck at the back of the line !! I so wish I was one of the 8am wake ups on first day, never manage to sleep past 4am and that's with taking a sleeping pill !! Not sure if it's nerves or excitement.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Glad you arrived safely Tracey, shame about the kid in the seat behind god I hate that lol. Typical the computers went down when you were at the front of the queue! I never sleep in on the first morning either its always 4am. Have a great time and keep the TR's coming :-)

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling and arrival TR

Great start on your TRs Tracey. You must be so excited to finally be there.