We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Hi everyone

We are travelling to the US from Australia in December as an 'end of elementary school' present for our 13 year old son. We are going to Disneyland in California for 2 days. We are also going to Disneyworld in Orlando for 2 days. My question is about Orlando.... our son will be 13 and we are wondering which 2 parks to go to. We will do one park each day. I'm thinking Epcot and Magic Kingdom. While he does like rides, he isn't into terrifying roller coasters and anything that is going to make him too sick (he suffers anxiety). We will definitely do some rides, but we will skip the very scary ones. Taking into consideration that he will have had two days at Disneyland in California and he only enjoys the milder rides....which two parks would you suggest? Thank you so much for your help. I can't wait to hear from people with their suggestions.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,181 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

I would do Magic Kingdom so you can compare and contrast with Disneyland and also Epcot.

However if you do not fancy MK because you have already been to Disneyland then go to Animal Kingdom.

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Thank you so much for your very quick reply. I appreciate you getting back to me and your input will help me to plan the trip! Thanks :)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

I would skip Magic Kingdom because it is too similar to Disneyland. Your remaining choices are Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Should we consider 'Islands of Adventure'...is that Universal? It has been recommended to us by friends. I know it has a lot of rides which I'm not sure my son would be into, but it probably has plenty of other attractions as well. What do you think?

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

We are going to Universal Studios in California.....is it anything like Hollywood Studios at Disneyworld in Orlando? Thanks.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Yes, I of A is Universal and it has a lot of "intense" rides that your son may not enjoy.

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

Thanks....yes, he wouldn't be into anything intense. Some kids just love that sort of thing, but he just isn't overly into the thrillseeker stuff. Thanks for your reply.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

If you are doing Disneyland first, I would skip Magic Kingdom in WDW. They are very similar in terms of the "tame" rides. I would substitute in Animal Kingdom.

Universal Studios and Hollywood Studios are completely different. It's not the same company. I wouldn't suggest Hollywood Studios. Most of the rides are intense there; however, if your son enjoys shows then maybe the park is worthwhile for that and Toy Story Mania.

9. Re: 2 days to do Disneyworld with 13 year old boy....thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:19