We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

mart28
Level Contributor
78 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

Hi all, the mrs and myself are wanting to go to Florida next year for 3 weeks, she has never been before where as I have been a 5 times but only on a 2 week package in one place. I'd like to stay 1 week at a Disney hotel and get the whole Disney thing done in a week and then up to international drive area as that is where most of the things we would want to do are situated. However want to give her the Disney experience. Have any of you got any ideas on travel companies that can sort this or is it best to arrange and organise it yourself? All help and advice greatly appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

Weve just returned from a similar holiday. 5 days at Disney then 11 on IDrive. Booked disney direct with no hassle, used my disney experience website and app for managing the booking, online check in and dining reservations. We waited for the dining deal to be available which worked out great. Booked IDrive and flights through a friend who works in CoOp travel, was no difference in price than booking direct, the advantage was paying a deposit and paying off weekly/monthly. I wouldnt hesitate to book direct flights and hotel if it was cheaper.

If we were to do this again we would do 8-10 days at disney and the rest at IDrive, we found 5 days of parks at disney back to back exhausting and would of loved a few days to relax by the pool at disney and also have a nosey at the other resorts.

Edited: 12 October 2013, 13:05
Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

Hi

Best doing it yourselves unless you are not sure. The travel agent will put together a package for you. Try doing it with Travel Republic. They give you a choice of airlines and will let you split your hotel choices. Click on holidays ,put in your dates and choose hotels including the number of nights you wish to stay in each. It should give you an idea of the cost..

mart28
Level Contributor
78 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

Hi, thanks to both of you for your replies and information. Its not a problem to do it myself just wondered if any tour operators did it. Shall have a good look on the net tomorrow and see what i can find. Thanks :)

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

hi,we have done multi-centre holidays with virgin on 3 occasions

Troon, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

We have booked a Virgin package for next year. A week at Disney followed by a week at Lake Buena Vista Resort. I priced it direct with Virgin and also with a couple of local travel agents. Our local Thomas Cook shop gave us the best discount, so we booked the Virgin package through them.

We could probably have paid less if we had booked it ourselves (we did that this year) but were restricted with our holiday dates and wanted a direct flight from Glasgow, so just booked it as we were happy enough with the price.

Disney are still offering free dining and $100 gift card at the moment which is a good deal if you can get it.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
mart28
Level Contributor
78 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

HI and thanks for that, will try and get into some travel agents at the weekend and see what can come up with, not looking to go until end of august but just want rough idea of prices.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

3 weeks sounds like a great trip! You might consider the week at Disney, with 2 nights before your stay on I-Drive where you stay at a Universal Hotel if you're going to do US & IOA... Happy Planning!

8. Re: 1 week in disney and 2 weeks in international drive advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18