We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive suggestions

Scotland
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
International Drive suggestions

Hi folks,

Just looking for some suggestions of a hotel on International Drive?

We arrive on Sat 1st February , early evening, so will be just looking to chill out, couple of drinks & something to eat.

Sunday 2nd is going to be a chill day to "properly" start our holiday, so hotel really needs a pool.

Monday will be Universal Studios, and Tuesday is Busch Gardens or Seaworld (not sure yet)

The hotel we're looking for on I-Drive should have a pool, and be located in a fairly 'busy' area to allow for walking to a selection of places to eat/drink.

We *will* have a car with us for the entire duration of our trip (heading off from Orlando for 4 days up in Pensacola Beach and then 4 days in Daytona Beach) but looking for somewhere that i can have a few drinks without sticking to soft drinks because I'm driving.

Possibly Sunday night may be Universal Citywalk, again not sure yet.

We are a couple in early 40's , no kids. Ideally hotel should be around the £80-ish per night rate ($130 dollars).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

PS - noticed that quite a number of hotels already have zero-availability for 1st - 5th of February, is there something happening that we don't know about? :-)

Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Admission
53 reviews
from US$25.99*
US$29.29
Colorado
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Drive suggestions

Are you sure about Pensacola beach or even Daytona that early in February? Could be cold.

Suggest Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. Would have exactly what you want.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: International Drive suggestions

Agree, Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando would be an ideal location, directly across the street from Pointe Orlando which is an entertainment area on I Drive with several restaurants, BB King's Jazz Bar, Movie theater and some shops. Miller's Ale House is also within walking distance for your choice of 75 beers on tap and in bottles!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Drive suggestions

Thanks for the replies - will definitely take a look at the Rosen Inn. The area sounds exactly what I was thinking of.

Re the other areas after Orlando ... I guess "cold" is all relative ... we'll be coming from Scotland where it's likely to be around zero that time of year ... so some winter sunshine is going to do nicely. Not expecting tropical weather, but warm enough to sit by the pool/beach should be fine for us :-)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: International Drive suggestions

Seriously-it gets pretty darn cold in Pensacola in February. Unless you have some other reason for visiting West Florida you'd be a lot better off booking something on the western side of the peninsula (like Anna Maria or Clearwater) rather than the panhandle.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Drive suggestions

Agreed. Head south or south west for a chance of greater warmth at that time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Drive suggestions

We have no major reason to be up there really, just fancied visiting the Naval Air Museum. Guess we might be looking elsewhere now?

Also have friends in Jacksonville hence reason for considering Daytona Beach, so that we could visit them without too much travelling

Scotland
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International Drive suggestions

We "did" Miami, The Keys and Marco Island 2 years ago during our last visit so we were just looking to explore a little further north this time. Flights already booked in/out of MCO but no accommodation as yet - hence reason for initial post.

I think we will be booking into the Rosen Inn, seems an ideal match for what I believe our requirements are.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: International Drive suggestions

I certainly hope the idiots in DC will have resolved things by February but I'm guessing the Air Museum is probably closed at the moment due to the current government shutdown. The Blue Angels are definitely not showing.

To be fair, I'm at Pensacola Beach right now and can vouch heartily for October!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: International Drive suggestions

The beaches in West Florida are great, I grew up spending my summers here, but there's not a whole lot else IMHO.

Scotland
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: International Drive suggestions

Yes, the Naval Air Museum is/was closed.