We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food on plane!

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food on plane!

We leave Sunday and we fly with Delta from Manchester to Atlanta then Orlando international and was just wondering if my little brother can take sandwiches crisps chocolate etc from home on the plane because he wont eat the plane food and he wont eat these pre packed sandwiches from the shops. Never attempted to take food on plane sooo though id c if some1 knew.i hope he can because i dont want him going without food.

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food on plane!

When I went to Mexico, there was a family who had filled their hand luggage case with food - sandwiches, cakes, biscuits, crisps, sausage rolls, etc. Mr JTM had really bad food envy! :-)

It's not something I've ever done, but I would guess you can, so long as you don't try taking any of it into the states?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food on plane!

Yes you can take snacks and sandwiches from home. Just liquids and I think liquidy food that are a problem.

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food on plane!

Ye we just wanted him to have a little sandwich to nibble on before we get there,we would throw whatever's left before we get off plane.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food on plane!

Yes we always take food for our daughter. Its only liquids you cant take and I think they can get a bit funny bringing in fruits and vegetables so eat them first?

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Food on plane!

Thats great. Thank you

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,399 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food on plane!

We always take our own food on flights. You can buy drinks to take on board in the departure lounge.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,063 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food on plane!

I always take food on board in case the meal is yucky lol.

Left over crisps and biscuits can be taken with you, throw away unused sandwiches/fruit.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food on plane!

I ALWAYS take my own food in my hand luggage as I'm a really faddy eater and would rather starve than eat airline food.... Bit dramatic, I know, but true.... We usually stay overnight near Gatwick so call into M&S for bread rolls and ham or similar. I don't eat prepacked sandwiches either so your son is not alone.

Just so long as all the food is either eaten, thrown away before landing or declared for customs.

Have a good holiday....

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,298 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food on plane!

Yes,you can bring sandwiches,fruit, Salads,cookies,potato chips. Just no liquids,no yogurt,no gels over 3 ounces and any liquids(like salad dressing) or gels under 3 ounces have to be in the plastic bag. We are not particularly fussy eaters but we like to eat on our own schedule and we hate having dirty dishes piled in front of us so we always bring our own food when we fly domestically and internationally. We bring empty water bottles and fill them up when we get through security. We use one of those insulated lunch bags and the food stays pretty fresh. Even having bread and butter can be more appealing that airplane food

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food on plane!

2 thoughts - try a Graze box or two - keeps my kids amused for a bit - you might also try the vegetarian option inflight - often the best meal of the range - reheated meat is often not great.