We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Co Durham
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

27 September

Big day today our first trip to magic kingdom, I was planning on getting there asap but DS chose this as the first day he would sleep in ( so I woke him up at 7) so by the time we got breakfast and drove to magic kingdom parked up got the tram to the ferry boat and queued up at the bag check it was 10:15.

Tried to get some nice photos of us on main street but DS was not in the mood (think he was still grumpy from being woken up)

The park was busy but we only really waited for a max of 15 minutes for most rides. We did teacups,dunno and then took DS on his first rollercoaster goofeys barnstormer.

He loved this ride and seems to like anything that goes high or fast.I thought he might of been more cautious about what rides he would go on but the only thing that scared him was turtle trek in epcot oh and the automatic flushing toilets !!!

So after the rollercoaster we headed onto its a small world and the undersea journey of the little mermaids. We fast passed the winnie the pooh ride more as a practice of doing it than the size of the queue.

Again had a picnic lunch then went to meet captain hook. We never went on Peter pans flight as there was a big queue for this and no fast passes so thought we would do this on another visit , not realising it was closing to be refurbished ( which may explain the long wait) but I like the fact there is still new things to do when we head back in the future.

Next up was mickeys philharmagic, now DS has never seen anything is 3d and he was sat trying to touch and grab all the things that appear right in front of his face.

Pete's big top for some characters next and we chose the Donald and goofeys side and then made our way round to catch the railroad around to mainstreet to watch the parade. As it was talk like a pirate week there was a mini parade first that included Jake, captain hook and smee. The main parade came past about 3:10 and was as good as ever.

We thought about leaving after the parade but there was just swarms of people heading out so we thought we would wait a while so walked into tomorrow land and get something to eat at the cosmic rays starlight cafe we got a hotdog and DS had chicken and chips.

Made our way out after this and chose the monorail back to parking lot. DS had not had a nap today so again fell asleep in the car so we took advantage and headed to lake buena Vista factory stores for a couple of hours. Nice selection of shops here and not as busy as the premium outlets.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,110 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Love that you let your DS sleep in until 7am - poor lad he's on his hols!!!

Sounds as if you had a fab time in MK

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Lol Susie. Sounds like a lovely day, even if you were a bit later starting than you wanted to be. I love Peter Pans Flight....so cute. Defs add it to your list for next time :-)

Good on you for fitting in some shopping while DH sleeps....good plan.

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Impressive he enjoyed his first rollercoaster.

Anyone know how long Peter pan will be closed for?

Scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Really enjoying your trip reports!

Glad you're all having a good time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Really enjoying your trip reports!

Glad you're all having a good time.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

One of the unofficial websites reports that Peter Pan is closed until November 14. We go in 10 days time and come home on November 14......:-(

Enjoying your reports, particularly as we're going with our 2 and a half year old shortly.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Sounds like you had a wonderful MK day, even if someone did sleep in LOL until 7am. Hope you ended up with some great photos of DS with Goofy & Donald!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

Enjoying your TR's. I still grab at thing when I see a 3D movie!

9. Re: Tr day 5. travels with a 3 yr old.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:21