We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 1 trip report

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Day 1 trip report

Firstly. Background information for anyone who wishes to know,or dosent already know. Myself (27) and dh(31) staying in kissimmee on highway 192, the golden link motel. Not everyones kind of motel but we actualy like it. And decided to spend more on other luxurys,its clean,large room and free wifi.

Anyway on to our first day.I woke this morning at 5, husband still fast asleep,and didnt wake until 8. Went to perkins for breakfast, i had french toast platter,and husband had bacon,sausage egg pancake platter. And we had coffee,was really nice and only $23.

Then on to universal studios, swapped our hhn paper work for frequent fear passes, then onto the park. Firstly onto rip ride rocket,not for the faint hearted,but we enjoyed it. Then onto transformers,enjoyed this alot! Did a few more rides then stopped off for a drink for me and ice cream for my husband. We managed nearly all the rides in this park,and most no longer than 15mins wait. We did however, miss out on despicable me as queues never dropped below 45 minutes most of the day. We had lunch at krusty burger,$26 for both of us. Food was ok, but not brilliant,but was more for the experience of eating at krustys.

We stayed on and did hhn, we got into a holding area at 5,and onto american warewolf first,omg! I always thought i was brave, how wrong i am! My husband said he felt my heart in my hips! But i really enjoyed it in a strange way,i needed a beer after house number 2! We managed 3 houses by 7pm,and went on to bill and teds show,really good!

Anyway,after such a long first day,we called it a night after getting a turkey leg and a drink,turkey legs as big as my head! Ate half between us! Now back at motel and enjoying tv and a cold root beer. Maybe typhoon lagoon in the morning. :-)

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 1 trip report

Great first day, Typhoon lagoon....... My favourite water park, be sure to get a bucket of ice cream with all the toppings !!!

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 1 trip report

Sounds great fun my son wants to do HHN he's 11 and brave I'm 47 and a complete scaredy cat so no way I tried to watch woman in black and it freaked me out I would be going round with a coat over my head glad universal crowds good can't wait to get there now!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 1 trip report

Did you have fast passes for HHN? Was it busy?

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 1 trip report

What a great first day. The HHN sounds far too scary for me, well done for being brave! I'll be looking out for the rest of your TRs.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 1 trip report

Wow....a busy first day ! Don't like scary things either, that's why I never look in the mirror first thing in the morning !

Looking forward to your next installment

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 1 trip report

Well,its 6am and im awake! We didnt have express passes for hhn, as we plan on going 3 times. And we spoke to a guy who has been to 17 hhn,and he helped us work out a plan of action on where to go first,and how to get the most out of the evening. :-)

Devon UK
Level Contributor
820 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 1 trip report

Great TR,you are far braver than me going HHN,just watching it on YouTube freaks me right out.

Have a good day at TL today,we went there yesterday and had a brill time( apart from the tankini incident I mentioned in my TR)

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 1 trip report

I stayed there in '98 not a bad little motel. :-) It was when Orlando took a side swipe off Hurricane George. Stood on the upper walkway watching the Lightning when we noticed the lights on the far side of the lake suddenly disappear. Found out why a minute late as a wall of torrential rain came across the lake, amazing stuff.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 1 trip report

You are defs braver than me!!! I'm a big chicken :-)

Hope you enjoy TL. Looking forward to reading more.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 1 trip report

Hi julie,just read about your near miss. Lol hope i dont have the same experience. :-)