We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Winchester...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Hi,, we have just booked our first trip to Orlando in May 2014. We are a family of 5 and have booked a villa on the Highgrove Estate, Has anybody been this year?

We considered other resorts (Encantanda - town home) and Glenbrook. We also considered the Holiday Inn Resort at Lake Beuna Vista as they have kid suites within the rooms and kids eat free. Has anybody got any opinions or stayed at any of these facilities?

Its not too late to change our minds and we are waivering over hotel and having everything done for us, against the freedom of villa.

Thank you

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Villa Villa Villa...

I think thats says it all for me...

Trill (",)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

With a family of 5 I would probably opt for a villa. The private pool will be a godsend and the space will be welcomed.

We usually travel just 2 of us and to spend 2 weeks in one hotel room would drive me nuts.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

By having everything done for you do you mean someone making your beds, throwing a Hoover around and cleaning the bathroom?

How long would it take you to do the same in a villa? 10 mins a day?

Plus you don't have to eat every meal out

I couldn't stay in a hotel room for longer than a few days I would go stir crazy and we don't have children

For us a villa wins hands down for sheer convenience and space

But of course you know your own family needs best - only you can decide - no matter how many differing opinions you get on this forum

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Villa :-)

Winchester...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

thanks all. anybody got any preferences for communities to stay on, is it better to stay on gated community?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

I'll cast my vote for a villa, we will not go back to a hotel again.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Comes down to how you want to holiday. There are many families who will take the hotel option, many post on here. You are not in your room that much on this holiday but you do need a good pool area to do some relaxing in. Hotel will be limited space and unless you do have a multi room layout (not sure the kids suite layout) you are in the one space. Also check the seating you have the room as always lying on the bed for me is not great. You will get rooms made up, some services are on hand, other people about to make conversation with, possible friends for your dear children.

With a villa you will have space to spread out, much like at home, with your own pool ideally, full kitchen and privacy. They can be just as close as your hotel choice to the parks. More than one bathroom, individual bedrooms and the ability to shop cheap to feed yourself. Most have multiple TVs so able to please most tastes.

Personally with my family of 6 it is a villa all the way in Florida. We all need our own space at times plus all sleep different amounts. The ability to please ourselves and not be tied to having to go out to eat is a big bonus.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Karen see this link re gated

tripadvisor.co.uk/…53606056

Devon UK
Level Contributor
842 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Villa for sure for us,reasons being;

Freedom to get up,eat,laze around when you want.

Lots more space.

Private pool.

Own kitchen,although I know you can get this in some rooms.

Opportunity to BBQ If you want.

But that's personal choice and I understand that what's important for us,isn't for others.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa -v.- Hotel - Orlando

Hiya Karen,

Weve stayed at gated & non gated, it doesnt matter really, lets be right, does you street have a gate?

Weve stayaed at Cumbrian lakes and Glenbrook, both very nice and no complaints on either of them..

You will really appreciate booking a villa....As Susie says " sheer convenience and space"..

Trill