We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

K B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

I am going to IOA on Sunday 8th. There is a big NFL game (Seahawks vs. 49ers) later that day (4pm EST/1pm PST) that I am hoping not to miss. I am willing to leave early to catch it

I wanted to know

1) if you think you 10am-4pm (or even 5:30pm) enough time for jst IOA? I am hoping I arrive there opening at 9am but I will be safe and say 10am

2) I read that Nascar Sports Grille may be a good place to watch it. I know they do OpenTable won't take reservations that far in advance just yet (so I might wait) But any other places you suggest?

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

Since you are from Seattle, and you are already planning in advance where you can find the game, you must be a fellow Seahawks fan, so I would be happy to try to help!

Anyway, I am not sure if you will have enough time to get through IOA, depending on whether you have Express pass or kids with you, and what exactly you want to do, crowds etc, but you just may if you plan it out right. If you still aren't finished with the park, there is good cell coverage everywhere around Universal-- my husband was able to keep track of the first half of the Seahawks-Colts game while we were there on his phone.

We then went to NBA City & they tuned in one of their TVs for us to watch the end, so if Nascar Grille doesn't turn out for some reason, NBA City is another option. You just might not get to see it on the giant screen at NBA City, depending on what they are already showing- although I would bet that would be the big game of the day- you could always call and check. We had to watch the game in another part of the restaurant. We thought our food was decent, but it has mixed reviews. Go Hawks!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

We didn't like NBA restaurant, blech. Nascar we really enjoyed :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,216 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

Haha, clearly, "big game" depends on where you are from!!! Not sure how many here are interested in west coast rivalries.

But in any case, Nascar and NBA City probably the best onsite options and walkable from the parks if anyone in the party wants to continue on. That's a pretty good amount of time to get through one park. Early December isn't generally a very busy time.

Decent chance of good tv coverage throughout the restaurant for the game with all 3 Florida teams scheduled before that and given the current standings. But, you can't get much more opposite than Florida and Washington. Teams closer to home are often given precedence and there are 3 games scheduled for FOX at that time. You couldn't count on the coverage on local tv, if, for example, you wanted to watch in your hotel room or you had a villa.

There is an Ale House on Kirkman just outside Universal as another option

K B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

Haha you're right, locals may not give a crap about that game. Sorry a big game to me!

Again I'm open to watching it but if I miss it, it's okay bc I chose to travel.

Edited: 25 October 2013, 16:04
K B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

Thanks for your tips JLH090! Following the game online at least for part of the game is a game plan!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

Here's a link that may offer some good options for viewing.

orlandobeerguide.com/best-sports-bars-in-orl…

7. Re: enough time for IOA /where to watch NFL game @CityWalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:19