We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

auckland
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

Hi there

We are travelling to Disneyworld during the Christmas week (I know it will be really busy) but I had booked it all before I found Trip Advisor and did not realise it was the busiest time of the year. We will just have to deal with that. Travelling with 16 14 & 10 year olds and it is our first ever time and we are planning on going to the 4 parks for one full day each. Now my question - regarding eating. I see you have to book for so many of the restaurants but are there places you can just walk up to and buy a meal and sit either at a picnic type table or take the meal/food with you. I don't want to waste too much time sitting down for meals when the kids could eat something while queuing for a ride. There will be plenty of time for sit down meals during the rest of our trip. I would really appreciate your help as haven't been able to find the answer when reading through the posts.

Thanks so much Jenny

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,201 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

There's plenty of quick service places in all the parks, and you can bring in your own food if you wish. No problems with that. It's only the sit down restaurants that would need reservations.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

here are all the menus for you to check out :)

Edited: 26 October 2013, 17:20
auckland
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

Wonderful thank you

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

Just realize that because it's so extremely busy Xmas week, without dining reservations, you're stuck with "waiting in long lines" for eating anywhere you go. Plan your meals "off normal eating hours" if at all possible.

That week, the lines are long for everything, but especially quick service restaurants and restrooms too. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time when you "have to go" per se.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 15:33
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,202 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

It has been a while since I worked there, but some attractions do not allow food in the queues. Many times people hopped out of line to buy the food outside our attraction and were infuriated when we told them they can't bring it in line. Not sure if this policy has changed, otherwise be prepared to hide what you can. Oh, and don't litter in the queue please:)

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

Look for the turkey legs, they're great for eating on the run. Try some of the quick service hotel restaurants along the monorail route.

6. Re: Disneyworld Christmas Week - Dining??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:22