We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autograph books?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Autograph books?

This is our first WDW trip. Kids are 3 & 4. I'm debating making autograph books for the kids. Right now they have no idea what a autograph book is. However, if they see everyone doing it I'm sure they will ask. Do the kids enjoy this? Should I just make books for them just in case to avoid the at WDW autograph book cost? Insight appreciated.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Autograph books?

I got books a few years ago, which our twins took 3/4 trips to fill.

They still get them out to go through with their friends, to show them who they've met;-) they were 10 last week.

I got the ones before they brought out ones that have a photo holder in.

That said I printed then pasted a copy of the photo next to the autograph.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Autograph books?

Thanks Mike for your reply, sounds like they really love them.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Autograph books?

Memories for the future:-)

I must admit, I also get them out to reminisce.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Autograph books?

Because we are taking 19 grandchildren, I decided not to make them, but order some off eBay for 5.95 and they came with pens!

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
628 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Autograph books?

If you decide not to take them But decide you need one in a pinch at Character meal often they have some available. 1900 Park Fare did this for a couple.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Autograph books?

Kids enjoy this. They actually aren't very expensive. disneystore.com/autograph-books-pens-photo-m…

Don't recall if the in park cost is exactly the same, but don't think it's more than $10. Alternately, you could probably find a blank notebook or diary in a variety of places, possibly even Disney themed - Target or Walmart (the local stores definitely have them), Michaels, etc.

They have another one where you can insert photos and I think that is a nice idea. If you are crafty, I bet you could do something very nice on your own with some advance planning as to how to scrapbook the autographs and the pictures you take.

As a parent, I do have some frustrations with the books even though the kids like them. When you are in line, they'll want to hold them which often means look through them, bend the pages, try to draw their own pictures in them, etc. - they won't have the same objective of "keeping it nice" as you might. 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds and pens also not great together, and again, they'll want to hold them, again, may try to write in the book on their own, get it on their clothes, etc. Also multiple kids = multiple pens, for your sanity against fighting.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Autograph books?

19 grand kids wow, what a fun experience. $6 each is a great deal, thanks.

Good to know I might be able to buy them at the meals, thanks.

I like the photo idea, very cute. Yes, two pens will be needed. At 3&4, I like to avoid the silly fights where I can.

Thank you all for your help, looks like we will head to the craft store this morning to see what we can find.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Autograph books?

I still have my autograph book 20+ years later, but I'll admit I'm one of the ones guilty of messing up my own book. I used to try and learn how to duplicate some of the autographs. Jafar was the only one I could handle apparently. The rest just look like messy doodles haha.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Autograph books?

Ha ha! 20 years is impressive, I thought the autograph book craze was fairly new. I did end up going to the craft store this morning and buying supplies to make personal autograph books for each of my kids. I think I'll add a few pages to the back that they can doodle on!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Autograph books?

One year we went to Target and purchased a Disney book from the dollar section and took that and had the different characters sign it with a marker. It turned out really cute and is a great keepsake! Plus it offered a quick read on the plane and during restaurants when we needed a distraction.

Last visit to WDW we purchased the books from the park (around $8-15), but sadly we didn't fill it out too much and never followed through with adding pictures since we create the photobooks for each vacation we take.

If we do it again next trip we will do the $1 book route again.