We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR day 6

Devon UK
Level Contributor
947 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
TR day 6

Woke to yet another sunny day,bit chilly first thing but soon warms up.

Today we headed off to Seaworld,first of all it was a run in with my best friends son ( the same one I mentioned in my previous post) he started the day shouting at his mum telling her he hated it here and it's all boring.At this point I had to intervene,told him a few home truths ie; how lucky he was to have a holiday here,how many kids don't get this opportunity,how selfish he is,and basically told him if he he has made his mind up everything is rubbish then it's his loss if he can't give it all a go and that he can't spoil it for everyone else,if he can't say anything nice then to zip it.

Finally arrived at Seaworld,very very busy,did a whole circuit watched the rays,dolphins,manatees etc.Loved the turtle trail experience it was very good.Then watched both the Shamu and the dolphin show,still gives me goosebumps.It was just as entertaining watching the Baluga whales playing in the pool in the background and the dolphins in the back pool getting up onto the edge of the pool so they could watch us humans.

I know that there is a lot of controversy about animals in captivity and the ethics of it.I hate animal cruelty,but watching these animals they appear happy,if it's possible to tell.I may be ignorant,but surely when animals aren't happy they pine and don't eat,the animals there seemed very healthy. Seaworld seems very devoted to conservation and animal protection and do hammer home the whole looking after our world thing.

Anyway I've swayed from my TR.

Had lunch at a pizza place,phew how pricey was that lunch.For 4 small pizzas,2 little side salads,8 little cookies and 4 pots of strawberries and 4 drinks $70.

Well after lunch things went downhill,my friends son was still creating a scene and we were heading to the Antarctica ride and he didn't want to go,started shouting at my friend and then hit her back,that was it then my DH who's used to looking after squaddies grabbed his hand and said " if you want to act like a 2 yr old we will treat you like one" and then spent the next hour holding his hand around the park.

We did get to go on the Antarctic ride and despite 45 mins queue it was good,although a pretty short ride,but ideal for everyone.

Headed out at 5 and had tea at Golden Corral.

Kids spent the rest of evening in the pool at the villa while the adults chilled out.

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,264 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld® Orlando Ticket
66 Reviews
from US$91.99*
Special Offer
Aquatica Orlando SeaWorld Water Park...
10 Reviews
from US$56.99*
US$63.89
Disney World, Universal Studios, or...
39 Reviews
from US$900.00*
I-RIDE Trolley Unlimited Ride Pass
143 Reviews
from US$11.99*
London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR day 6

Gobsmacked at the behaviour of your friends son - hope he is not spoiling things too much for you.

have eaten at sea world in the past and also found it very expensive and not that good quality.

Are you planning any shopping?

Good TR.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
947 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR day 6

Yes we are gobsmacked too,I told him I've never met anyone so selfish.

Re shopping,yes we've already been to Florida Mall and Premium outlets. Heading back there again tonight as DD wants to get some more dresses.Also going Mall at Millenia one day and visit Cheesecake Factory.

Mentioned in this post
The Florida Mall
The Florida Mall
3,064 Reviews
Orlando, FL
The Mall at Millenia
The Mall at Millenia
2,067 Reviews
Orlando, FL
South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR day 6

Oh dear, your friend's son sounds like hard work :-)

I'm all packed, ready to head to the airport hotel at 2pm this afternoon for flight out tomorrow :-)

Make sure the sun keeps shining

Devon UK
Level Contributor
947 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR day 6

Weather is glorious Marion and getting hotter as week goes on,up to 90 by end of week ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Newmarket, Suffolk
Level Contributor
354 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR day 6

Hope he settled down after the hand holding? How very frustrating for you and your family, how is your friend feeling? I would be horrified and embarrassed. is he like this at home?

Hope things improve for you all.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR day 6

ill bet your poor friend is mortified by her sons behaviour..maybe hes missing his xbox / ps3??. my 9 yr old had meltdowns every day whilst we were away (got back thur) but he has disabilities,it does stress you out though, no matter what the reason for their behaviour. hope you have a lovely time anyway xx

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR day 6

Oh Julie, what a pain he is being. Maybe he needs to spend a day with just his Mum and that might ease some of the strain on you? Your day sounded great apart from that though!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR day 6

Sounds like he's used to having his mums full attention and now he's having to share her with other people and in strange surroundings - he's having some proper paddys.... Maybe he should have some mum time and give you some breathing space....

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR day 6

I don't think I have read any reports ever where the child isn't enjoying Orlando. I get the impression maybe he didn't want to go there on holiday in the first place ?

Get him to IoA on Forbidden Journey, that will crack a smile out of him surely ! Spiderman and Hulk ! boy stuff :)

Hope things go better soon for you all.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Devon UK
Level Contributor
947 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR day 6

Apparently he is like this normally,his mum has real problems with him.She has been grateful for our support.

Luckily after us speaking to him yesterday the penny seems to have dropped,think he has realised that in life you can't just do what you want to do all the time,it's a case of give and take.