We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Topic
Discovery Cove...worth the price???

For all of those who has been to Discovery Cove....is it worth the cost? On the website it has a choice of either day or evening, but does not mention the hours for "day." I am assuming it must be from early morning to 2 or 3, because evening hours are 3 to 9. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Suntree, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

If you scroll back a few pages, "July 4th", someone asked the same question. There was alot of feedback describing the park, the times, the rates, etc.

Yes, it is worth the cost!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Is it expensive , yes....is it overpriced , probably.....but it is a one off experience that will live in your memory forever!!!

Truth be told it is all very dependent on your budget....if you can afford it....do it!!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Hello raefla,

In my opinion Discovery Cove is worth the price. It a fun day in a beautiful park. The day hours are 9 - 5:30.

Miami
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Thanks for the comments....it sounds like it would be well worth it. I wonder if there are any tickets left for the 2 week in August?

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

They do book up far in advance raefla however go to www.discoverycove.com and check it out. Good luck to you!

co down n. ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

I am also wondering whether it is worth the price - I have booked the twilight package and am just hoping that it doesn't rain too much - we're going at the end of July! Will leave feedback when we return

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Just got back from Orlando we did Discovery cove on July 4th it was the best $800.00 (vid=pic) we ever spend it is an unbelievable experience

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Year after year my husband and I drove my Discovery Cove many times on our vacation (as we were staying at Grande Vista...) and saying that "some day" we were going to go and experience Discovery Cove. Well, if the past few years have taught us anything, it's to live your life to the fullest, and do what you want to do when you can!!! So this year, we "sucked it up" (price wise) and decided THIS IS THE YEAR. Wow. All day long we kept looking around in amazement wondering what the heck took us so long to finally do it. IT IS SO WORTH IT. You will treasure every moment you spend there and be doing the math in your head to see if you can splurge on your next vacation as well!!!!!

By far, one of the best days of our lives.

Enjoy!!!!!

co down n. ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

Reading these posts I am really looking forward to it now! I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Neverland
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Discovery Cove...worth the price???

wasnt going to do Discovery Cove now we are going to splash out. Not telling the children though, this one we are going to keep a surprise. Is it best to go at the weekend so you get away from the other parks busiest days?