We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Wow....didn't expect it to be so warm when we arrived at MCO yesterday, it was still in the high 80's around 5.30pm.

We flew from Glasgow via Dublin then onto Orlando with Aer Lingus. Clearing immigration at Dublin is a huge bonus. Flight from Dublin was good. Unfortunately I got "the recliner" in front of me. Grrrr. As soon as the seat belt sign was off his seat was tilted back and he jiggled about to try and get comfy. If he had spilled my rum and coke he would have been paying for another one !

Anyway, IFE was out for quite a few seat rows including ours. As there was empty seats other passengers moved to them where the IFE was working. I moved into their seats getting me away from "the recliner" and giving OH peace from my moaning. Good job we have bought reading material to occupy us as they never got the IFE to work for the whole journey !

Oppps.....just noticed a thread about pointless TR's, ah well, I've started so I'll finish !

Back to the flight....food was fine, not a lot of it...no dessert !

Waited a bit for luggage, then down to car hire area. It was more or less empty. We booked with Alamo through Netflights . Compact car for this stage of the holiday then picking up a convertible for the week at Anna Maria Island.

Out to the garage to pick whatever car you wanted from the compact range. A wee tip here for folks new to car hire, walk right to the end of the row, I found a rather sporty looking Ford Focus SE with leather seats in with the smaller Yaris type cars. A lot of people were just going to the first car in the line.

Checked into the Fairfield Inn at SeaWorld. Really nice hotel. Picked up a meal and wine from Publix. Stayed awake until around 10.30pm then bedtime.

Off to get me some shorts this morning as I had left it too late in the UK to buy them. Hope the Florida Mall has something in the longer shorts style for the woman in her early 50's rather than some shorts favoured by the younger generation that hardly cover your bits !!!

That's all for now :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Pointless TR's lol

Marion you never even warned us it was a TR either. So that is strike 2.

May I ask how much you paid for car hire through Netflights.

Good tip about car pick up to I always have a good look to see what gems are hiding in the dark recesses of the lot.

say no to short shorts Marion get those shin huggers :)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Sounding good so far, hope you manage to find some long shorts, lol. Marshalls might be the place to try, even though the weather is warm to us, the seasonal wear on offer was aimed more for the home market of winter clothes. Marshalls or Ross have the summer wear in their sales. ;-)

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Glad to hear it's still warm, hope it stays that way for the next 3 weeks. ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Oh c'mon Marion.....I bet you're secretly dying to get yourself a pair of short shorties :-)

Haha on a serious note, have a great time and hope the weather behaves for you!!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,688 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

9/10 for grammar Marion!!!

Looking forward to reading your drunken ramblings x

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

kri.....through Netflights compact car was £300.95 from 29th Oct to 17th Nov fully inclusive

Only got one (!!) pair of shorts with me floridashirl so hope I get something.

Susie....drunken ramblings......me NEVER :-)

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Marion

I had to defrost my car this morning it was -1.5 (well Frank did ) cause I live down by the river so always colder

Have a lovely time

Annie

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Gotta say lovely trip review even if its discussed as a weather forecast. lol Like your style ....

Hope you manage to get those shorts. i don't do shorty shorts either- to scarey these days.

Hope the weather continue for you.

We have 29 days to go....

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Marion that was so pointless!!! Get to the good stuff, when are you & J booking into POFQ and visiting the Hole in the Wall Bar??? xx

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A wall of heat greeted us yesterday.....

Nice TR Marion , glad you made it safely.

Enjoy the wine or two!! Look forward to the next TR.

ajg