We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisbech
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Orlando

Hi looking for ideas please. We have booked our holiday for next year a America tour and we are stopping in Orlando for 3 nights. For obvious reasons we cannot do everything. What parks are best to do? We are a couple in our late 20s and both enjoy roller coasters.

Also any idea on where we could get tickets just for a couple of days? Every site I've seen has just done 14 day passes.

While out there I would also love to swim with dolphins but am put off by the price and I've heard that you only get a few minutes with them. What's other people's experience on this?

Ekkk I'm so excited roll on May 2014 x

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

Where else in the US does your tour take you? Driving? Flying?

The place to "swim" with dolphins in Orlando is called Discovery Cove. This is basically an all day, all inclusive, beach/resort type experience. The dolphin "swim" is a shallow water interaction which last about 30 minutes in groups of 6-8 people per dolphin (4 groups at once). It's an up close look - stroking, kissing, and, at the end, a short dorsal fin pull/ride. Search the box and you will find nothing but mostly positive comments of a "yes, it is worth it" nature. That includes admission to SeaWorld which has 2 good roller coasters. Islands of Adventure is also good for that. That would be 3 days. Though, on a first visit, no matter the age or interest, I think a visit to Magic Kingdom is fitting. The most coasters are at Busch Gardens in Tampa. You can get single day tickets to any of these. Just visit the official websites.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

If you like coasters I would head for Busch Gardens. If you have never been to Disney before I would definitely do the Magic Kingdom, everyone should do this at least once IMO. Take a look at the various websites to see which parks appeal to you.

You won't get any discounts on 1 or 2 day tickets so you may as well buy them at the gate or go to www.undercovertourist.com they sell all sorts of tickets and are very reliable.

Sorry can't help with the dolphin swim.

Where else in the US are you going, there may be other better coaster parks in other places you are visiting.

Wisbech
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

Thanks for your help :) we are also going to las vagas, New York and clear water x

Wisbech
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

Thanks for your help :) we are also going to las vagas, New York and clear water x whoops we are flying x

Scotland
Level Contributor
617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

As mentioned Busch Gardens has world class coasters but it's at Tampa, about 1.5 hours away from Orlando. There's buses etc available. It's a far more relaxed place to visit than the Orlando parks as it's also a zoo.

You can't really go to Orlando and NOT go and see Disney (can you?), but realistically you'll find it mobbed and geared towards kiddie things with the odd mediocre ride and IMHO you'll come away disappointed, especially if rides are your thing. You'll have a better coaster experience at Universal.

Discovery Cove (the swim with dolphins place) is a great relaxing, all-inclusive day out but I believe the actual swim is a bit short. You can watch others swim with the dolphins from about 20 feet away instead if you want.

You say you have 3 nights...if this means you only have the two days inbetween I would go to Busch one day and Universal the other. Skip Disney unless you like the idea of Princesses and parades. (Just my opinion, but very valid).

6. Re: 3 nights in Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:18