We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Hi, hope I don't annoy anyone or start any bickering by doing a trip report lol. We are a family of 4, me 36, hubby 42 and two girls 8 and 10 on our first visit. Flew ba from gatwick and staying at the enclave suites. Very basic but nice and clean and nothing less than I would expect for the price. Was a bit worried about car hire and the salesman did try it on. Kept repeating that I had hired the smallest car they had etc to which I replied - yeah, that's what I wanted, I am a female and cant handle anything bigger which took care of that. He then added insurance I didnt want so stood my ground and said I didnt need it, even though I was shaking and blushing, I won lol - no extra charges added. Ok, so onto my other worries, no bugs, no alligators and no hurricanes - YET. Thanks to all your advice on here, I have totally ignored most of it and am now knackered and need some serious sleep. I did not take the jetlag thing seriously which is why I am now writing this at 10 pm feeling like it must be at least 2am lol. Anyway, we have done animal kingdom, magic kingdom, universal and are now at st pete beach. Our eldest has autism so we have used the new disabled access pass at disney and universal. The disney one is not great as you get a time to return but can only have one at a time so you end up just waiting around for 50mins and are unable to do much else. The universal one is better as you can go straight on if wait time is under 30mins or get a time to return if over 30mins. Driving over here is actually harder than I thought, bloody lanes going off left and right and huge trucks overtaking on either side but to be fair the drivers here seem much more forgiving than at home lol. Have to say i am a little dissapointed that after reading so many reports on here of people being askedfor ID when buying alcohol, i have not been asked once lol. Loving it here so far, only a few tantrums from the girls - but mostly me, and hoping I can avoid the bugs and alligators long enough to do some more trip reports

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Hope you have a lovely time, love reading TRs. X sue

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

full of interesting and helpful tips.... Car insurance, driving, disabled passes and wait times, the enclave suites and no bugs as yet..... Good review.

Just as a suggestion though, for people that are as blind as a bat .... Like me ha ....

A paragraph or two would be nice... Hope you don't mind....

Looking forward to the next adventure...

Sweden
Level Contributor
169 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Looking forward to reports on St Petes beach. We're thinking about going there next time. Whats the weather like? Hope you have a great time! :)

London
Level Contributor
968 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Brilliant a TR!

Thanks for writing, would be interested to hear more about the beach, considering going.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

glad youre all enjoying yourselves...we also used the guest assistance card for our autistic son..it helped a lot but as you say..waiting for a time to come back at Disney and hanging about!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Interesting to hear about the new disabled services as we are taking my wheelchair bound mum at Easter. Thats sad the Disney system isnt so great now.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

have a great time and thanks for the report take care..

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Haha good on you for standing your ground on the car hire insurance...despite shaking and blushing!!! lol It paid off for you :-)

Sounds like a good start and hope you all keep having a fantastic time!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Sounds like a good time is being had.

The DAP is not an automatic access to the front of the queue at Disney it's a way for people who have difficulties waiting in a queue to be able to go away and look around the park and then come back and go straight onto the ride. There are loads of things to see & do until your return time arrives. On other forums I have heard nothing but good things about the new DAP's.

Enjoy the rest of your trip .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: florida virgin trip report.first 4 days

Good t.r.

Keep them coming.