We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We are going in December, and I have plans to take my family to the MVMCP on Tuesday Dec 10th or that Friday, December 13th. Does this event sell out, so I should plan to buy soon, or wait a while until I can decide on which day works better for our itinerary?

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

The Mickey party does sell out because they limit the amount of people. And I am going Dec 5th I bought my ticket two weeks ago. I would set a date and buy them.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
983 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Just out of curiosity, what does a ticket entitle you to? Is it that there is simply a premium fee to enter the park, or are all the party areas sectioned off and you can't get in without a ticket?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

With respect to post 2, you can't get in without the ticket. Anyone who does not have a ticket is supposed to be completely out of MK by 7:00.

Also, with respect to the question of when to buy, I am sure I have read that the first night (11/8) is already sold out, and other nights might sell out too, so sometimes he who hesitates is lost.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 19:06
Ottawa
Level Contributor
983 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Thanks @gopenguins. So just so that I absolutely understand -- the "parties" like at Halloween and Christmas, are extra tickets you're supposed to buy, that are essentially just premiums to the general park admission, and that without said tickets you're not allowed (or supposed) to be in the park after the party starts. There are no special areas for ticket holders within the parks, they're just to be in the park at all.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Party ticket holders are issued with a wristband, anyone without a wristband is directed to the exits after 7pm and will not be permitted into any attractions, shops or restaurants after that time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Also, you do not have to have a regular Disney ticket, only the Christmas Party ticket to enter for the party. It will get you into the Magic Kingdom after 4 PM. If you would like to spend the whole day at MK, you would have to use a regular ticket when you enter in the morning and then a MVMCP ticket for after 7PM. If you are already in the park, from what I am reading, you can get your MVMCP wristband from a location in the park. Over by the FP area near Stitch's Great Escape is what I read. You will not need to leave and re-enter with you MVMCP ticket.

Do all of the regular ticket holders leave the park? No, some will stay, because that's how people are. Without the wristbands, they should (in theory) not be able to ride rides, see the character or anything else. They could stand around with their hands in their pockets and watch the parade and fireworks and then leave. Which I'm sure happens a lot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

But if they are caught without a wristband, they are put on "It's a Small World" and not allowed to get off until the party is over

Ottawa
Level Contributor
983 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

LOL, thanks all -- I read up on these special events a few times but totally did not understand until this thread. Appreciated.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Disney is much more vigilant about party wrist bands than they used to be. There are check-points everywhere, asking to see your wrist band; before you are allowed to cross a bridge, sit on a curb for the parade, queue for a ride, etc. To our surprise, they sent people away from the stores, as well. There is holiday merchandise only available during the parties and Disney was making sure that only party guests had access. We applaud their efforts.

Buy your party tickets soon. It's fabulous!

Edited: 07 November 2013, 11:06
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

By the way, the party guide map can now be viewed on-line:

http://tinyurl.com/nds766h

Edited: 11 November 2013, 16:20