We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Magic Kingdom

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
392 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Magic Kingdom

Hello. If we go to Magic Kingdom in the morning for a few hours and then go back in the evening for the magic light parade, do we have to pay twice to park? Also once we pay to park, do we also have to pay to take the boat or the monorail into the park?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from US$112.99*
US$118.99
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

You pay once per day and you can come and go as much as you please to any of the 4 theme park car parks paying only once, be sure to keep your receipt as proof of payment when you return. No charge for the Disney transport it is all free.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

No you don't pay twice . You can even visit another park and not pay to park again. Keep your receipt and if you are unsure just ask the parking attendant. You do not pay for Disney bus, boats or monorail.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

I'm going to ask a related question without hijacking the thread.

We are staying on property next month. I will be driving to the park myself for a very early breakfast one morning and also just to get there well before rope drop the other.

Does anyone know if my Magic Band can be used as proof that we are staying on property so I don't have to pay to park? I know, as a guest staying on property, there is no parking fee for us this trip.

Edited: 08 November 2013, 16:57
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

You will be given a parking pass, at check in, to put on your dashboard showing that you are a resort guest, the parking attendants will see this and just wave you through.

Edited: 08 November 2013, 16:59
Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

A little known secret is that if you show up "very early" for the breakfasts, they often don't have the parking kiosks open yet, and you can just sail right through... When we do a character breakfast, we always make sure we head out a little early and it helps subsidize the cost of the breakfast. Obviously doesn't help if you park hop, or out-and-in later in the day, but it's save me a few bucks over the years.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

Perfect, thank you both!

7. Re: Parking at Magic Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17