We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wow...Disney is busy

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
wow...Disney is busy

Well, we have been here a week and we didn't think that Disney would be as busy as it is at this time of year. Epcot especially is busy with the Food Festival on. DTD around midday on Friday was rammed. Heard someone say that they had never seen so many people waiting in line at Earl of Sandwich. We are enjoying ourselves but we have had to book every table service restaurant in advance, Even booking Bongos there was still a 30 min wait ! Don't think any children can be at school, they are all here :-))

Off to Animal Kingdom later hopefully it may be a bit quieter

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wow...Disney is busy

You got Food and Wine festival crowds, Jersey Days (schools off in NJ), plus ran into a 3 day Veterans Day weekend!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wow...Disney is busy

Hi Marion

Was that smiley tongue in cheek ;-)

Have you drunk DTD dry yet lol

Hope you are having a fab time - it's bloody freezing here -3 overnight brrrr

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wow...Disney is busy

How's POFQ Marion??

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wow...Disney is busy

POFQ is great USL. Its actually nice and peaceful after the madness of the parks :-))

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wow...Disney is busy

Shame its so busy, glad you like POFQ, it is a lovely resort isnt it. Hope you have a great time at AK.

Have you been over to riverside to have a look around?

:0)

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,795 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wow...Disney is busy

A news story this week noted that Disney's doing well in the theme park business, not so well with entertainment (a flopped movie or two).

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wow...Disney is busy

Goodness

I better book raglan road and house of blues ...for the end of the month then... Was just planning on turning up on the spec....

Thanks for that..

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,953 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wow...Disney is busy

That's interesting,Marion. I would not have thought it was that crowded this time of year. I guess It's the holiday weekend,as Carmela said. I've been only once in Nov,and I don't recall big crowds.

I'm glad you're enjoying the resort. If you get time,bop on over to POR,and have a cocktail and a dip in their hot tub. It's a wonderfully relaxing spot. My fav place of all Diz moderates.

Carry on! ;+)

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wow...Disney is busy

ppmaiden....we have been booking restaurants several days in advance. A lot of the time its either an early or fairly late time that's available.

Susie...DTD still has some wine left, thought I better leave some for USL !!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wow...Disney is busy

Raglan road still have availability but houses of blues and bb king do not.... Best crack on...