We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal... Florida

Burlington...
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Universal... Florida

We are two young seniors who will be experiencing Universal for the first time. Spending 2 days including New Year's eve. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal... Florida

I suggest staying at one of the Universal Hotels so you can get a fast pass for the rides. If you are staying off site I believe you can buy a fast pass in advance . I 'm sorry I don't know the extra cost but I am sure a TA member will chime in.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
360 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal... Florida

Ditto to staying on site @ a universal hotel. Unlimited express passes with the hotel would be a huge benefit over the holidays + proximity to parks & city walk for restaurants. If you choose to stay elsewhere the website lists prices for buying the express passes- they vary by date so not sure what it would cost on those dates. Also, if you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out the Orlando informer website - absolutely tons of info on universal parks including suggested touring plans, ride info, really everything I wanted to know. Have a wonderful trip & don't forget to try the butter beer @ Harry potter. It really is as good as everyone says!! Have fun!

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal... Florida

I would stay close by universal there are plenty hotels which you can take a shuttle from and that way save the $16 for parking. Second I would get a fast pass that way you get to enjoy all rides more than once. If you have extra time visit the city walk which universal is in :) they have nice restaurants. Also there is a lot of gift shops if you stay within 5 minutes from universal. Plenty of hotels near by.

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal... Florida

If you're staying at one of the on-site hotels do you get tickets for BOTH Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure?

One thing some people don't realise is that the Universal Studios resort has two separate parks - Universal Studios itself and Islands Of Adventure (don't worry, they're both next door to each other and you can walk very easily between them). Any extra "ride time" you can get may be a good idea as both parks may be quite busy, and you may get some fast passes too (unsure).

What sort of suggestions are you looking for? And what sort of rides are you interested in?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal... Florida

I would only do us/ioa (any time of the year) staying on site. You're visit will be very crowded so the express pass will be wonderful. In case you didn't know, there are two parks there. If you have two days, i would get a two day park to park ticket (so you can go back and forth between the two both days).

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal... Florida

Definitely stay onsite at 1 of the 3 Loews Hotels-Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Hotel..this is going to be a VERY busy time and the benefit of having the 'express pass' for both parks will be well worth the cost of these hotel. The pass is actually built into your room key!!

www.universalorlando.com/hotels or 1-866-840-9900.

7. Re: Universal... Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17