We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best car deal for this week?

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
382 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
best car deal for this week?

My sister is flying into Orlando on Wed. and needs a cheap rental car for 1 week. Anybody know of a great deal? I have been watching but they are about $200 at best. I may try priceline. Any help is appreciated. She could do 2 days with a Lakeland drop-off or 1 week with Orlando drop-off. She has a car in Lakeland but it doesn't have a/c, so I'm trying to find her a weekly rental from MCO at a good rate. Thanks for any help.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best car deal for this week?

Also check Travelocity too.

Got a great deal from them a few years back in S.F.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best car deal for this week?

As an altrnative to Priceline (which has always worked well for us), take a look at www.breezenet.com

You will see all current rates from major as well as some lesser known car companies. Sometimes a significant difference shows up! This site also lists current "specials" from all the companies.

Good Luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best car deal for this week?

Wow! Out of curiosity, I checked the rates at Orlando (MCO), then checked the rates at the Sanford / Orlando airport (SFB). They are almost HALF the rate at MCO. If she could pick up her car in Sanford you can save quite a lot.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,647 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best car deal for this week?

There are several off airport (mco) rental places including several for the majors like Avis, Hertz. As long as you start the rental off airport, the price drops dramatically and you can return it to the airport without paying any more! It's amazing. A $20 taxi ride can save you $100 in rental fees!

5. Re: best car deal for this week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 13:16