We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Hello all,

Perhaps a peculiar question, but does anyone happen to know the cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios? My 4 year-old nephew is obsessed with the bespectacled one and would just love Harry Potter's wand for Christmas, but the ones I've seen in Hamley's here are £20 (which I think is a bit steep for a bit of plastic, personally!) Does anyone have a rough idea of how much a wand would cost? Also, I'm not actually going to US but I will likely visit CityWalk and I'm assuming they'll have HP related items there.

Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

How about taking him to Leavesden, near Watford for a tour of the studios where the films were made? Surprise surprise at the end you leave through the gift shop where you can buy a wand....They won't be cheep from anywhere.

Houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

I have 2 kiddos that are also Potter obsessed. They have 2 wands each, I believe they are in the $30/each range. They are very good quality, come with a nice box for storage and each wand is so unique to each character. I highly recommend picking up a $10 chocolate frog as well. :)

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

We got the 3 boys wands and the little chock frogs as well as a few books. They wanted the potter cloaks but i think at about $120 a go we said NO. Real meanies me and mrs gunboat.............................

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Thank you KLMHouston, that gives me good idea of what to expect. I'll keep an eye out for the chocolate frogs too.

Hitchhikersguides, I think he's a touch too young to fully understand the HP experience in Watford. But it's on our list for when he's older (if he's still as obsessed then, anyway.)

5. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 19:00
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Haha, Gunboat - I don't blame you! You have to draw the line somewhere.

Are you going again? I think we went at a similar time earlier this year (your username is very familiar!)

Bletchley, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Knowing Universal they wont be cheap, Try looking on THAT auction site, They have them on there, Reasonably Priced.

Senglea, Malta
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

last year I bought my kids the wands at $30 each...here is an idea how much merchendise cost over there...https://www.universalorlando.com/Merchandise/Shop/Harry_Potter.html

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Thank you Coccorita, I'll take a look at that site.

Alan257, I hadn't thought of THAT auction site but that's a very good suggestion - thanks!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Harry Potter merchandise at Universal Studios

Suggest you try the magic jelly beans !! Offer them to your friends and watch their faces....

Not all as they seem ....lol