We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tr day 7

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tr day 7

This morning was an 'unplanned' morning. We knew temp had dropped to 18deg today. & there was a really cold gale. We decided on Universal Studios as most of the rides were indoors. Had to drive there as we hadn't pre-booked the transport day before. Was shocked when we got to the car park, not only do you have to pay for parking, (sure we didn't pay last time we drove here), but it also costs a dollar more than Disney!!! The skanks! Off we trot with our coats on into the park, went straight on Shrek, only a 10 min wait. In- laws loved this, I guessed this was gunna be a park they'd enjoy! Walked across rd to Transformers expecting a lengthy queue being a new ride but it was a walk-on! Really good ride, very similar to Spider-Man. We then headed over to Mummy ride, 3yr old was to short for this, probably a good job given how scary it is! 8yr old also didn't like the look of it, didn't need to bother with a child swap though as queue was only 5mins.

Next ride was Simpsons ride, only a15min ride, in-laws said this was their favourite ride so far! FIL then took kids on Men in a Black whilst me & hubby shared a beer in Moes Tavern. We all then headed over to ET but unfortunately due to a few technical issues, the queue was 50 mins. Decided to give it a miss, & given that our tickets are 14days unlimited use, we promised we 'd come back. & do ET along with Rip Ride which was unfortunately closed due to the weather! I then bought a few secret Xmas prezzies whilst everyone else rode Despicable Me, when even more bad luck almost came my way! Handed over a $50 note for my purchases & only got the staff member thinking it may be a fake note. (It was just a very worn/washed note, which came from a Thomas Cook bureau de change so I knew there was nothing iffy about it. Anyway they called security over & explained that if the note deemed to be fake, it would be taken off me & I'd have to fill a statement in. What is it with me & money dilemmas this holiday??????

Luckily they came, checked the note. & apologised, thank god!!

By now everyone was getting cold & tired, so we headed out of the park. Stopped off at the World Foods supermarket on Sand Lake Rd (nr huge MacDs), so MIL could stock up on some gluten free items for the hotel. She was in her element in there with so much choice. She's decided she'd like to move over here considering she gets far more choice over here than back home! We all then stopped Off for a quick drink at Millers ale House, pretty good offers in there. Then it was off to Olive Garden for a meal. MIL was feeling desperate for GF pasta which she had & enjoyed. Everyone's was very large but tasty as always. Each night we've said well stay up for a few drinks when were back at the hotel, but with evening meals the size that they are, we are all just waddling off to bed as soon as we've eaten. Bed for me now, Epcot tomorrow, thanks for reading.

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tr day 7

Sounds very fun. I am glad you are enjoying yourself. My two favorite rides are the transformer and the Simpsons so cool. I love the part were Maggie sucks you in and it smells like baby powder.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tr day 7

Don't think parking has ever been free at universal.?

Better get your gloves on brrrr

Another great TR - thanks

Enjoy Epcot

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tr day 7

Lucky it was nice and quiet there.

Turning cold for our arrival tomorrow!

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tr day 7

234leilav- I was right then! I said when we got off Simpsons, could've sworn I could smell baby powder at that point but no one was with me lol!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tr day 7

Funny t/r..... don't think parking has ever been free at universal and we've been going on and off for 20 years... Would be nice though.

Thanks for the tip about the 50 notes..... Glad it wasn't a fake....

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tr day 7

I still take the car and have a moan but I really think the parking charges are outrageous!!

Sounds like another good day!!

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tr day 7

I know I felt in love with the ride and that part when I went back in 09 with my high school. Then I went again last month and I was so thrilled the whole night to ride the Simpsons for that reason, plus the graphics are crazy considering you don't need glasses like for the dispicable me or transformers.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tr day 7

...a really cold gale?

As thats a Florida one its was a warm breeze?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,978 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tr day 7

Enjoying your reports. Yep it can actually get cold in Orlando...

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tr day 7

Yes it does get chilly in Orlando too.