We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shiner Bock in Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shiner Bock in Orlando

Hello all,

It's me again. I have a different, but still peculiar, question to ask this time. Does anyone know of any bars in Orlando (preferably in the International Drive area) that have Shiner Bock on draft? This isn't for me, I hasten to add - I can't stand the stuff. But my travel companion is very keen and looks forward to several cold pints every time we visit the States.

Thank you!

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

The pub at point orlando have a very large number of ales, lager , bitter and ciders on tap not sure if that exact one is on tap but its most likley the only one with it if that makes sense

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

That is a Texas beer and I would guess that it will be hard to find on tap. As an alternative, Total Wine sells it by the six pack.

Va
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

I have never seen it on tap, but you can find it in bottles. I actually found a Shiner variety pack at Publix once that was very good. It had 6 different Shiner brews.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

I enjoy Shiner Bock occasionally. Actually, I remember the first time I had it which was at the Ecpot Food and Wine Festival way back in 1999 when it was one of the featured beers in the beer tent. In any case, it's not common in draft or even bottles in restaurants/bars here. That said, I did see it on draft at Brickhouse Tavern on I-Drive when we were there last month, though, with several things I hadn't had before and therefore far more interesting to me it didn't make the cut. 6 packs are readily available at Publix I want to say $7.99 or maybe $8.99. Every few weeks it's on sale for a $1 less.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

BTW, don't have it bottle or draft at the Pub that I recall, though, for beer lovers, another excellent stop on I-Drive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

Guys, as so many regulars are on this post can you advise me as to where I can get a better bottle of wine than you tend to find in walmart? Specificly my USA tipple is The Wild Horse vineyard but that is Californian. I normally like to drink wine produced in the state I'm in at that time, but to be honest I just like good wine!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

Publix typically meets our wine needs, but if you are truly after a very large selection you should head to and ABC Fine Wine and Spirits (multiple locations) or Total Wine (closest is across from Mall at Millenia). For craft beer too, and liquor, Total Wine will have the most - like spend hours trying to decide big if you're not careful.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

Let's be honest. California has better wines than Florida. But, Total Wine has Wild Horse wines. www.totalwine.com/eng/search/Wild_Horse

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

Excellent as ever, cheers guys.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,386 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shiner Bock in Orlando

The Shiner website has a finder, by ZIP code of their beer, bars and retail.

http://www.shiner.com/find

And stick with CA wine over FL unless you like sweet wines. FL is too wet to get great Chardonnay or Cabernet.

As Vic said, Total Wine has a selection that will blow you away. ABC is pretty good too.