We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Wed 6th Nov - Magic Kingdom - 'It was not good mum.....it was brilliant'

Wake up call was 4am this morning so moving in the right direction I suppose!!

Wait times were in the majority about 20 mins or less.

Highlights of the day were Jungle Cruise (loads of terrible jokes but we did have a good giggle), Magic carpet of Aladdin, Splash Mountain (little man gave it 500/10!!), Big Thunder Mountain, Mickey's Philharmagic show, The Barnstormer

Meets were Jessie at Big Thunder Mountain and Cinderella and Princess Aurora in the Princess Fairytale Hall (this was about a 30 minute wait). Think our son was the only little boy we spotted in the queue here!! He came over crazy shy when he met Cinderella who was so lovely with him and won him back round by talking Star Wars!!! We have some amazing photos from these meets.

Whilst on the subject of photos, we also ordered Photopass+ before we left and found it a really useful service. We have just over 250 photos in our account including ride photos (plenty of opportunity to have many many more), there are lots of photopass photographers around the parks. There were a few ride photos missing but I have chased this since we came home and all the images have been found.

Back to EPCOT to catch the shuttle back to our hotel, we knew the Food and Wine festival was on so we enjoyed several early evening strolls around the world sampling some lovely treats whilst the little one had a power nap :)

Thu 7th November - SeaWorld

Shuttle from LBV resort village and spa leaves at 9.40am and comes back at 6.30pm.

This was probably my least favourite park, but we still had a really enjoyable day.

Park really quiet when we arrived, straight onto Antarctica. Little man loved the Clyde and Seamore show, One Ocean, Turtle Trek and in particular Shamu's happy harbour, he would probably have spent the majority of the day there, loads of smaller but exciting rides for them and a big net climb.

Me and the other half both went on Manta, fab coaster, we both loved it and whizzed through as single riders. Hubby also went on Kraken but I wasn't feeling brave enough for that one!

Next day was to be Hollywood Sudios.....

Edited: 25 November 2013, 20:43
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,009 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Food and Wine Fest is great, isn't it?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

How cool is Cinderella?! I would never have guessed that she was a Star Wars aficionado!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

You sure are getting lots done with your little man :-) good job!!

Food & wine fest sounds great. Thanks for posting.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

That's so great he thought it was brilliant - too cute! I bet the photos are wonderful. You're right, the Jungle Cruise is a funny ride, and I bet you enjoyed those EPCOT food (& drink!) goodies. Thanks for sharing your MK & SeaWorld days!

5. Re: TR3 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question