We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Fri 8th Nov - Hollywood Studios

We'd been really looking forward to today as the little man is a big Star Wars fan and Disney Junior fan, in particular Sofia the First!! We weren't disappointed.

Lots of character meets here today and top of the list was to be Sofia, this was the longest queue of the day about 30 mins but we had a very happy little boy.

Disney Junior live on stage was another highlight - the current show features the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Sofia, Doc Mcstuffins and Jake, his top shows so a real treat to see him singing along.

Star Tours was probably one of the holiday favourites! Today we went on 3 times and the little man was the Rebel Spy on his first tour, what a start :) Have to admit at home I leave Star Wars to the boys but even I enjoyed it!!

Didn't bother with Toy Story mania, wait of over 60 mins and fast pass return of 7.40pm, no thanks.

Back to EPCOT to do some more Food and Wine festival sampling, nice to have some adult treats at the end of the day :)

Archie also met Duffy the Bear here who was their Nursery bear last year. He was so excited to meet the real Duffy and insisted I send a photo to his teacher immediately!

Sat 9th November

Time for a recharge!! A dip in the hotel pool and a wander over to the LBV factory outlets was as active as it got.

Sunday 10th November - EPCOT

This turned out to be one of our favourite parks, there is so much to do and see here, and icing on the cake was as I've mentioned previously the Food and Wine Festival :)

Highlights of the day...

More autographs and character meets (the book was filling up nicely by now), The Sea and Nemo with Friends, Turtle talk with Crush and of course Test Track and Soarin'

We opted for Test Track fast pass and waited nearly 80 mins for Soarin', with hindsight we should have done it other way round as longest wait time we saw for Test track was 40 mins.

Imagination! Journey into imagination with Figment - hmmm, not sure what to say about this one, it's really quite bizarre!!

We took a walk along to Disney Boardwalk and enjoyed a lovely lunch at Big River while our son took a long nap.

Ended the day with a visit to Singapore, yummy food and a potent Singapore sling (hic)

The next day we had tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party......

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Great TR. the food & wine festival is brill isn't it.

I love Epcot too..my DD loves the Duffy the bear shop there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Sound like a great few days. I love that you were instructed to send a pic to your boy's teacher straight away!! lol

Look forward to reading about the Christmas party & your thoughts on it :)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

I was the Rebel Spy on Star Wars once; I was probably just as excited and surprised as a small child much to the embarrassment of my teenagers!

Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

Hi Emma, just read TR's 1 to 4 in one go (can't sleep) and really enjoying your activities.

Lots of memory building for your little nipper and wonderful to look back on. He sounds like he had a ball.

Queueing for the autographs and the character meals reminded me of when ours were that age, wonderful times.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next instalment.

5. Re: TR4 - 1st timers with a 4 year old - Shetland to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:17