We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR Day 7

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR Day 7

It is always sad to see a vacation come to an end, but at least we were able to enjoy much of Wednesday in the parks, since our Magical Express bus didn't leave until 5:20.

It was the earliest we were up all trip. We had to finish packing, check our luggage for our flight, leave our carry-on bags with Bell Services, and make a bus to Epcot for breakfast with the princesses at Akershus. Of the restaurants where I've had breakfast, Akershus is my favorite. We had great interaction with the princesses. The highlight for DD4 was seeing Ariel while wearing her Ariel dress. We had hoped to also see the characters from Frozen, since they are just across the courtyard from Akershus. However, when we walked out of the restaurant at 10:45, the 11:00 line was booked, and people were already waiting for the 12:00 meet-and-greet. That was more time than we wanted to spend on our last day. So we convince the girls that we would go see Mulan and Duffy instead. They were fine with that.

Then it was time for one last visit to Magic Kingdom. As we walked in, they were starting the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party, which begins with a small parade. We were able to stand in the front row right at the beginning, and then were the first people to follow along behind the rope at the end of the parade. My girls thought they were in the parade. DD4 even gave everyone on the street her best princess wave. We had time for a few more of their favorite rides, plus they still really wanted to meet Rapunzel and Tinkerbell. As an added bonus, Tinkerbell appears with her sister Periwinkel, who is a frost fairy and only appears in winter. The girls were very excited to see her, since she wasn't there the last time we visited.

Wednesday was also the anniversary of the day that I proposed to my wife, at Magic Kingdom. I was able to stand in the same spot right in front of the castle and ask her if she would do it all over again. Nine years later, she still says "yes." I love you Mrs. Gleece. Happy Anniversary.

It was a great trip, but all good things must come to an end. As we were on the Magical Express bus headed to the airport, DD4 asked "when are we going to Disney World?" The next generation is hooked, too.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR Day 7

Lovely end to a great vacation.

Happy anniversary

scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR Day 7

Lovely TR :-)

Burnley
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR Day 7

Fabulous trip reports sorry it's over for you, our adventure is just beginning we on the 11.15 virgin flight from manchester tomorrow.

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR Day 7

Happy Anniversary! It's always a really sad time on the final day but get rid of the jetlag by pouring over a few guide books and brochures, thanks for posting!

M

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR Day 7

Happy Anniversary, thanks for writing your TRs.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,515 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live TR Day 7

Happy Anniversary and thanks for the reports :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live TR Day 7

A great end to a great holiday. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Happy proposal anniversary....how lovely ♥

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live TR Day 7

Lovely TRs glad you had such a fantastic time - happy anniversary!

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live TR Day 7

awww lovely ending!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Live TR Day 7

What a whirlwind that morning must have been, but definitely sounds like it was worth it and then some! How wonderful that you saw Periwinkle, and that your proposal was accepted - again! Thanks for sharing your trip :)