We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

We are booked for Friday, November 30 and would like input as to when to do the dolphin swim. We are from NYS and the weather is to be in the mid 70's tomorrow, it feels great to us.

Should we do the dolphin swim later in the morning when the temps warm up. Any input would be appreciated. Our children range from 15-22.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

Hiya,

You are allocated a time slot on arrival, you cant choose...

Cheers.

Trill

kent
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

I'm sure if you arrive early you could request a time.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,776 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

Arrive (very) early (you won't be first) & ask:-)

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
562 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

We got there about 8.15 in October and got a swim time of 12.05, we found this to be a good time for us as we could take our time with breakfast and just ease into the day & went for lunch after the swim, glad we didn't have an early swim, looking back

There were people having their swim late in the day, 4pm ish, wouldn't have fancied that time either so I reckon after 11am to noon is a great time

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,776 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

I love how were all different.

First time we went, we had early swim 8.30am ish. Loved it.

Did the swim, queue for breakfast had gone, so nice relaxing breakfast.

Then no "clock watching" for a swim time, so we were able to enjoy & relax more.

As we had a later breakfast, we were not hungry at lunch, so took advantage of a later (not busy) lunch:-)

Agree totally with later pm swims, wouldn't like one of those.

Last visit an afternoon thunder storm came through, so those who had a later swim, were all delayed. Had it been a longer storm, I presume some would "not" get to swim:-(

scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

I was told best time was late moening/early lunch, before the dolphins get tired and there's more chance of rain in the afternoon.

We got there about 8.15 and we're allocated 11.30 ish which was fab. We had leisurely breakfast, picked great beds (opposite the dolphin bay) and a look about before our swim.

Then we had a full 5 hours ish to enjoy everything and have a lovely late lunch.

All four of us agreed it was amazing (boys were 11 and14) and we'll do again next year (excluding the swim) it's so worth the money.

Just don't make the same mistake as me and spend £230 on photos that stay in a drawer lol

Enjoy! :-)

7. Re: Discovery Cove Upcoming Visit Dolphin Swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 06:18