We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging € for $US

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging € for $US

I have quite a lot of Euros left over from my last trip. I'm going to Orlando in Feb so I wondered about exchanging them directly for US dollars at a bureau due change (I live in England). I usually just buy currency with £GB, so I'm not sure if this is the most cost-effective way?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging € for $US

I would imagine you will get stung. Buying rate into sterling and then selling rate into dollars. I doubt you will get a cross exchange rate Euros to dollars. Find a friend who is visiting euro land soon and sell them the euros at a decent rate, say 1.18.

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging € for $US

That's what I suspected, tintin. Thanks for replying, I'll look into it further.

London, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging € for $US

my eldest daughter lives in spain and a couple of years ago when we went to florida she changed her euros up here in wimbledon before we went and got stung by changing euro to sterling then sterling to dollars.

so now she just waits and changes her euros up at the premium outlets at lake beuna vista, if you change up less than $300 they charge you $7 i think she said

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging € for $US

I didn't know you could do that - thanks for the tip.

5. Re: Exchanging € for $US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:18