We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Saturday 30th. Blizzard beach and outlet malls... Or splash and dash!!

After yesterday's dreadful breakfast, DH has been banned from choosing any place we eat from now on...

So lovely breakfast at Perkins and you could tell instantly as the place was packed with a wait on tables. All the food was hot and cooked to order and brilliant service. Cost $25 and left a 20% tip as the waitress was good, attentive but not in your face. Neither did she touch any plate until the other (me obviously) had finished and she didn't push us to do a survey for a free pin.... Or slap the dessert menu on the table whilst still eating the Main...

So decided on blizzard beach even though sun was a little slow ... This place is just the best... We bought our park passes for just over $250 each. This included entrances to two main parks and two days water parks.... We arrived around 10.30 and just flopped literally. Now, no way do I get my hair wet so rides are out and even our much loved lazy river was out today.... Got a little tearful watching a mum with her two boys, reminded me of mine at the same age... Had funnel cake and slab of icecream - very yum.

After a freshen up back at the lovely Hyatt, we hit the outlet mall on I drive. Traffic was heavy and parking a pain... Slow start with the shopping and was gonna give up then suddenly I was in bag heaven... Guess, coach and fossil - cc took a tumble but did buy a couple as Christmas presents. DH got a couple of pairs of Levi's for less than $80 then had me sat on the floor trawling through boxes of Calvin Klein's....

Tomorrow.... breakfast, celebration and winter park as recommended by TA.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Naww bless you having a nostalgic moment :-)

Sounds like a relaxing start to the day then some bargain hunting....my kind of day lol

Keep em coming ppmaiden....I'm enjoying them!!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Are you doing Celebration and Winter Park in one day?

We like Market St Cafe in Celebration for lunch

Bet you'd look lovely in a floral swimming cap ppm lol

Dining in the US is an experience isn't it - the concept of a leisurely meal doesn't seem to exist in some places :-)

Have a great day

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Sounds like another good day. Enjoy Winter Park, its a lovely place for a wander round

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Another fab day in the life of ppm + 1.

What did I say about nostalgic moments......take a minute with your thoughts, then MOVE ON haha. They'll be having a ball without you :o))

Is it warming up now for us on Tues??? lol

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

FF - I didn't know you are going this week - you kept that quite or haven't I been paying attention lol

Have a fab holiday x

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Yep, it's tues for us. I've talked about it quite a bit.....might have been during your 'happy hour'....lol :o)) or is that USL ??

I'm just having one or two at the mo......getting stuff ready to go in the cases.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Nice quiet day 2 glad you are enjoying.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Just having a little break from all that walking to give the old legs a rest. Ha - will post next adventures of ppm later.

Weathers warm enough but sorely lacking in sunshine but able to ditch the cardi today...

Hi FF, shame won't get to catch you as we move on to Marco on Tuesday - back up here Sunday though...

I've ordered you some scorching hot weather !!!

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Thanks and I'll take some of that scorching weather ppm, enjoy Marco.

We're 4 nights Orlando, 7 nights cruise, then 2 weeks down at Ft.Myers Beach/Sanibel area.

Will try to do 1 park so my TR will sound slightly interesting to some, otherwise it's just plenty of boring R&R, trying new restaurants and a bit of slurping for us.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live trip report from the Hyatt Orlando day 2

Wow FF that's some amazing holiday you've got lined up.... My boss would freak out if I asked for that much..