We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

vermi
3 posts
Save Topic
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I have read that purchasing a ticket to this event gets you into the park at 4pm. Are other attractions at Magic Kingdom open during the party/ parade? Can we explore all of Magic Kingdom until closing? Is the castle open? Are there characters out in other areas to meet?

This is the first time at Disney for our family. We have three teenagers but they are not that into rides but want to experience the magic of Disney. Would attending this event be enough?

We will be in Orlando for 9 days. We were planning 2 days at Universal ( our kids are super excited about Harry Potter), one day at SeaWorld and one day at Disney and relaxing and other smaller attractions the other days.

We are considering going to the Mickey Party and then if they really wanted we could do another Disney day.

We would love any tips you may have!

Thanks.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

The short answer is yes, it's business as usual, with holiday versions of the parade and fireworks. Plus holiday stage shows and dances. ALMOST all of the rides are open and will have reduced lines due to the limited amount of people in the park.

Read all about it here:

http://allears.net/tp/hol_mk.htm

vermi
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Thank you! The link was very informative.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I have been to MVMCP both last year and this year, and I can tell you this: do not expect lower crowds and shorter lines due to the "limited amount of people ". I don't know what that limit is, but I do know its very high. I have never been in the MK when it was as crowded as the Christmas parties are

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I've been reading up on the tips, like skipping the 1st parade, when to get in line for characters if we'd like to see them and stuff like that. I'll see what it's all about, 1st hand, this Sunday night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I suppose the first parade might be a little more crowded than the second one...not sure, but with young kids the second one runs a little too late

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

@Frank D...if you do go to the second parade at 10:30, make sure you still catch the Celebrate the Magic projection show on the castle at 9:15. It is right before the fireworks at 9:30. Last year we went to the second parade, so before that we were not always in an area where we could view the castle. It was my first Christmas party, and I somehow was not aware of this show. We happened to catch a glimpse of it after it started, and then scrambled to try to get to a good vantage point to view it. But we missed a lot of it trying to make our way through the crowds. This year we made sure we were right in front of the castle for it. It is one of the highlights of the Christmas party...music and different images on the castle of Disney characters and movies

7. Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 06:18