We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa areas

UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Villa areas

I'm booked to go next June. We like staying near universal so usually opt for Vista Cay.

Other members of my family are now also going to book for the same time as us but would prefer to stay in a villa. I personally think davenport is too far out for parks.

What areas would you recommend that are also close to universal and have a decent selection of restaurants/supermarkets nearby?

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa areas

You would need to go on the 192 area really to be closest to Disney, I think either East or West.

Try Windsor Hills

Emerald Island Resort

Windsor Palms

Rolling Hills

Lake Berkley

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa areas

Sorry, I meant to also say that as far as I am aware the closest to universal would also be the same areas although they are still about 20 minutes away. I am not aware of any that are closer.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,451 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa areas

The closest villas to the attractions are in Kissimmee not those with Clermont or Davenport addresses. These are all nearer to Disney than Universal, but, I'm afraid, where you have to look if it's a proper villa with pool that you want and not Vista Cay's condo and townhome rentals. Other than Vista Cay there isn't short term rental in Orlando. Plenty of dining options and super markets in Kissimmee along 192 including many you are probably familiar with if you've visited before. The chains all have multiple locations. For example, here is a map showing the main options on west 192 which would be near popular villa rental communities such as Windsor Hills and Paradise Palms - two good places to start due to notable community amenities/clubhouses on level with, better actually, than Vista Cay's. http://goo.gl/maps/h79HE

Edited: 04 December 2013, 17:44
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,451 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa areas

Yes, you are looking at 20-30 minutes to Universal from Kissimmee villas and as little as 10 to Disney.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa areas

You are not going to find a "villa" near Universal. I don't think Orange County zones private, short term rental, stand alone homes. There are condos further south on I Drive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa areas

we came back just over a week ago and we stayed this trip at emerald island on 192west, and i must say its a truly beautiful resort, a 24 hr security gated community, lovely grounds, clubhouse with gym, pool bar arcade etc, we had a stunning 7 bedroom 5 bathroom villa with own pool etc but there are lots of different size homes to choose from, this was our 12th trip but our 1st to this resort but we will definatly be staying there again and again, we booked with kenwood travel who were great and a lot cheaper than virgin

UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa areas

Thanks for the replies. I did know know that I won't get a villa in the universal area, was just wanting to know which villa areas are the closest, as I never stay in villas I wasn't sure, and there are so many villa options! Lol

I'll have a look at all the suggestions x

8. Re: Villa areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18