We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?

I'm heading to Orlando with my girlfriend and planning just 1.5 days in Disney. We should arrive there at 3pm, and then also have the entire following day to spend in the parks. We would like to visit at least 2 parks and need some suggestions on our tight schedule!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,304 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?

The answer is partially dependent on your ages (and interests), but I would think Epcot would be a good choice. You will need a full day.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?

You should check each park's closing times for the days you are there. If you arrive at 3, don't choose a park that will be closing at 7. Individual park hours usually vary by day, so MK may be open until 7 p.m. one night and then midnight or 1 a.m. the next.

As Vic says, EPCOT tends to be the most "adult" of the parks, but every one is enjoyable, as even the MK has some thrill rides like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Railroad. I would look at a description of each park and decide what interests you the most -- if you like animals, Animal Kingdom may be for you, but if you are into thrill rides, only the Everest ride would interest you there. If it were me, I'd opt for MK and EPCOT, but your interests may vary.

Depending on the time of year you are going, there may be special events at a particular park; for example, the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT (late September - early November) really enhances that park for adults.

If you are energetic, you can see a lot in one day, especially if you start at opening and stay until closing. Although more expensive, look at the price for a "park hopper" ticket, which allows you to go into more than one park during one day. That would alow you to go into more than one park during your full day there, although it does take some time (typically 30-60 minutes) to travel from park to park.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 15:13
3. Re: Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18